Question for vzw employees

crackedvenom

Reaction score
I'm on a plan with two friends and hardly see them. I was going to put them on a plan by theirselves so I wouldn't have to deal with who used what with minutes, texts, or if they're buying stuff. They told me they have old hospital bills and what not that need paid, and they've checked and have bad credit. Is there anyway around this? I don't really want them on my plan forever. They've always paid on time but big red has to check credit history.

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm on a plan with two friends and hardly see them. I was going to put them on a plan by theirselves so I wouldn't have to deal with who used what with minutes, texts, or if they're buying stuff. They told me they have old hospital bills and what not that need paid, and they've checked and have bad credit. Is there anyway around this? I don't really want them on my plan forever. They've always paid on time but big red has to check credit history.

Not a Verizon employee but I do believe that they will take a deposit in lieu of bad credit.

My advise to you is protect yourself and cut off the service. Adults should be responsible for paying for their own phones.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Tmobile allows bill separation to take them off your name and keep them active. I would assume a larger company may offer a similar compromise.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's right Hook! I also agree about adults paying for their own stuff! If they pull a deposit, they get it back (plus interest) once they've paid 12 consecutive months in a row on time.

Not a Verizon employee but I do believe that they will take a deposit in lieu of bad credit.

My advise to you is protect yourself and cut off the service. Adults should be responsible for paying for their own phones.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
We do. Its called an AOL (Assumption of Liability).

Tmobile allows bill separation to take them off your name and keep them active. I would assume a larger company may offer a similar compromise.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
so since they dont have very good credit, they have to put a deposit down? sorry if im not getting it haha.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes since its going to be a new account number. Only the phone, plan, and contract carry over. Everything else, including Friends & Family, is reset.

so since they dont have very good credit, they have to put a deposit down? sorry if im not getting it haha.