Rubbed the wrong way by Vzw today.....

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have never had to call numerous times on any issue, get angry, argue, complain, or push... they have always just resolved my situation better than I expected or asked. When I noticed on my bill that my soon had run up a fortune in data charges and called to have that blocked, they credited the data charges. They didn't have to, I didn't ask them to, they just did it. I can give numerous examples. But yes, I do call them if I have a question on my bill, or need a service feature changed and i go into to the store if I have a problem with my phone. I have never been dissatisfied. And I have never had to be rude, angry, disrespectful. I am always very polite, courteous, and appreciative by they have never given me any reason to be otherwise.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

That's awesome. I just haven't had the same experience thus far. I'm not a complainer, even if I should sometimes. I don't send food back in a restaurant, things like that....I just expected a bit more today and it was a disappointment. I just need to weigh my options at this point. I'm really not excited about the new handsets on Verizon thus far in 2011, so it's not out of the question to change providers but at what point is that logical, you know? I've got 4 people's lines, hardware, etc. tied to Vzw right now, so. I'm probably not going anywhere...and they know it.

The thing that really just had me saying wtf was after I talked to them on the phone I started tweeting with them and we were exchanging info and I finally tweeted "I can't understand why Vzw would give up $920 and a 2 yr. commitment just to keep me from saving $200 on a phone"? They never replied after that. LOL....just par for the course.

Oh well, I'm done crying folks. I'll figure it out but if anyone here is with Vzw and would like to discuss it I'm easy to find.

I agree with you. I had the same issue in 2009 when I wanted a different phone after I had an LG for 3 months and I was already on my 3rd phone. They basically said sorry, can't help. The thing that made me mad, was my friends are able to get new phones without an upgrade all the time. Maybe its because they are blonde chicks and Im a dude?

As for charges, I had a bad phone after 30 days when I first got an X. There was no store within 40 miles of me at the time, so they offered to mail me one. They charged me $570 on my bill for the phone and were supposed to credit it back once they received my old one. Problem was, they never did. I spent hours on the phone with them and they didn't want to. Then they wanted to credit $400 back and then give me a mail in rebate. I told them that I didn't even have a mail in rebate when I bought the phone. They said too bad. Well, after arguing some more, I got the mail ib rebate taken off but they still scammed me out of $20.

I have never had that issue with Sprint...

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, squeaky wheel gets the oil....If you don't ask, do you REALLY expect them to come offering you gifts? Is that how you'd run your business - overcharging customers and then handing out freebies to people who apparently have no issue with what they are paying?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, squeaky wheel gets the oil....If you don't ask, do you REALLY expect them to come offering you gifts? Is that how you'd run your business - overcharging customers and then handing out freebies to people who apparently have no issue with what they are paying?

Hell yeah I agree with you. When you pay $200 a month to big red, you would expect to get good CS and hopefully have them work with you. We do it all the time with customers at my job. If someone is a steady customer, we will bend over backwards. Eat freight charges, throw in a free item etc.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

blueis300

Reaction score
I havent read alot of this thread but my local store customer service is so bad Ill drive to the next town. Ive had some really good experiences with them and have gotten away with some good upgrades. The coverage is good so I take the good with the bad.

wyld

Reaction score
I've been with vzw since 2001. My 2nd line is still sporting the Droid 1. Its falling apart looks like I shot the screen with a pellet gun. Lol I called vzw customer service they offered to aprove that line for an early uprade.

Sent from my rooted gb DROID X 1.15 Ghz

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been with vzw since 2001. My 2nd line is still sporting the Droid 1. Its falling apart looks like I shot the screen with a pellet gun. Lol vzw offered to aprove that line for an early uprade.

Sent from my rooted gb DROID X 1.15 Ghz
It's stories like these that make be believe people don't know the difference between a corporate store or a premium retailer. If you go to a premium retailer you will not get treated like a corporate retail store will.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I think it also depends on which customer service rep you get. The low-end food chain ones don't have the authority to "bend over backwards", all they know is the script thats written in front of them. Its the ones that have been there for a while, or the managers who have the authority to waiver fees.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
DesktopDevin;1587060Even when I got my droid on day 3 of the release they screwed me on the free shirt they were giving out for promos to get the droid going and I was more than willing to spread the praise for them. [/quote said:
I stopped reading the thread when I got to this sentence. "Screwed" because you didn't get a promo shirt? I guess I should feel that way too since I was one of the first in line for the original Droid.

To the O.P. - are you going to a premium retailer or a corporate store? That could actually make a difference for you. The early upgrade policies and other promo policies are tighter than they used to be. I wish you the best.

When I say screwed I meant on how petty they were about not even giving me a free shirt, even when I called and asked about it when I saw other members here posting about how they received their free shirt. I called and asked about and just like in the typical VZW fashion....DENIED.

I know this sounds petty on my part also but It is a good example on how just little VZW has done to keep me a happy customer.

Maybe they will show me a little love when I go to cancel my contract instead of just blindly renewing it?

Detonation

Reaction score
After talking to Vzw on the phone and tweeting with them I was sure that someone would give some sort of discount on a smartphone for him to upgrade to.

Go into a store. The Verizon reps in there are on commission and will likely do a more for you in order to seal a deal than someone on the phone or online. Plus face to face communication helps.

sslbaron

Reaction score
I went in to one of the corp stores about three weeks ago to upgrade on one of my family plan lines, and the rep told me "no can do". I was four days away from the line having it's upgrade available! He explained to me that Verizon has cracked done big time on allowing to upgrade early. He said that they took away that ability from the corp stores. He was very apologetic towards this. Your could tell he wanted this easy sale because I knew exactly what I wanted. He gave me his business card and asked me to come in and see him after the four days....just my $.02

jseah

Reaction score
Go into a store. The Verizon reps in there are on commission and will likely do a more for you in order to seal a deal than someone on the phone or online. Plus face to face communication helps.

In my experience, the people at the stores tend to be more hardline when it comes to policies. Case in point....back when the Droid 1 came out, I got one using the early upgrade on my line on release day. My wife's line was eligible for an upgrade two months later (in the beginning of January). I inquired at the store about having her line's upgrade moved up so I could upgrade her line to a Droid also. I even spoke with the store manager and he said there was no way to upgrade her line early.

When I got home, I emailed customer support through the Verizon website and got a reply a few hours later telling me that the upgrade eligibility date was moved up so I could immediately upgrade her line.

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

I don't expect to be "offered" anything. I expect to be given a logical break once in a while if I ask because I have caused them no problems in the past and have caused them to waste zero time and money with ridiculous operator error issues like so many people do.....yes, kodiak, what I just explained is the way I would run my business. And many successful businesses work that way....the less they hear from you the better deals you get.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
mountaineerndixie said:
And many successful businesses work that way....the less they hear from you the better deals you get.

like what businesses? None that I ever worked for ( which as a consultant is quite a few). If I don't hear from a customer, I have no reason to assume anything other than the levels of my pricing and service are correct. Bad businesses give away margin with such unnecessary freebies.

People run promotions designed to generate sales, but I have NEVER had a company out of the blue just say "we're giving you $10off this month just for being great customer"

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DesktopDevin;1587060Even when I got my droid on day 3 of the release they screwed me on the free shirt they were giving out for promos to get the droid going and I was more than willing to spread the praise for them. [/quote said:
I stopped reading the thread when I got to this sentence. "Screwed" because you didn't get a promo shirt? I guess I should feel that way too since I was one of the first in line for the original Droid.

To the O.P. - are you going to a premium retailer or a corporate store? That could actually make a difference for you. The early upgrade policies and other promo policies are tighter than they used to be. I wish you the best.

When I say screwed I meant on how petty they were about not even giving me a free shirt, even when I called and asked about it when I saw other members here posting about how they received their free shirt. I called and asked about and just like in the typical VZW fashion....DENIED.

I know this sounds petty on my part also but It is a good example on how just little VZW has done to keep me a happy customer.

Maybe they will show me a little love when I go to cancel my contract instead of just blindly renewing it?
I'm looking forward to the thread that you start that you've left VZW and among the reasons was you didn't get a promo t-shirt.

I didn't get one for any new phone that came out - Storm or Droid. I also worked in a VZW call center and can tell you that they have absolutely no control over what promotional gimmick is being done. It was my understanding that it was mostly new VZW subscribers were getting those shirts.

snoop5

Reaction score
SPRINT SUCKS at least the coverage does in my area, but i may have to leave big red if the july 7 tiered data is true and go to them :frown::frown: