WOW...VZW offering me the TBolt 12 months early

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
With all this talk of VZW no longer offering any discounts towards early contract renewals, I was surprised to see them offer me the TBolt for the $249 that they offer to new customers. My contract is up for renewal next April!! and they originally stated that they would only offer me a NE2 discount on Dec of this year...so what changed???

I may be misinformed about the early discounts offered nowadays by VZW, but I thought they would only offer any early discounts on the date shown on our accounts!?... I also remember a couple Reps distinctively stating that I was not eligible for any sort of discounts until December, and stated that all phones could be bought at full price until then... I guess that was all just BS rhetoric!??

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
they did that for me as well they let me upgrade one of my lines to an iphone about 9 months early..

rafiki1

Reaction score
Think they are trying to add as many 4g customers/ increase contract lock ins as possible...

(Selling Signature space) $5/month :)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow I am still on my old D1 so I am completely out of the "know" with phone costs. I feel like $249 is still a LOT for a phone on 'discount' - damn I hope I get a better job in the next 3 months so I can get an upgrade :(

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I bought my Droid x in November. I was eligible for an upgrade since march. I just got my thunderbolt for 200 :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I bought my Droid x in November. I was eligible for an upgrade since march. I just got my thunderbolt for 200 :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
So you're saying that you got an X in Nov/2010 and you became eligible for an upgrade in March/2011?? and now you just upgraded to the TBolt for $200??... somehow that doesn't add up??

Zecpull

Reaction score
I think I need to talk to my Verizon Rep...:) I bought a DX in November.. I have a Line I could Upgrade on.. But if they are letting people Jump Up.. I may do that...