Early upgrade to the Motorola Droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by JordanRutledge01, Jan 10, 2010.

1. JordanRutledge01

JordanRutledge01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on a family plan with four lines and the primary line can get a phone upgrade on April 29, 2010 after I pay a fee of $30 to end the contract after a year and renew it early. My family has been with verizon for over 11 years. The thing is, I need an early upgrade so I can have a smartphone for business (but I also just really want the Droid, lol) and right now I just have a basic phone without a data plan. Is there any way that I can get an even earlier upgrade? I'll be paying $30 more per month anyway so they'd get more money, but the official store tells me that I have to wait until late April. Do any of you know a way around this? I don't want to pay for a phone off of ebay either (too expensive, plus the warranty is voided since I didn't purchase it from them).

Thanks in advance!

2. kmasum

kmasum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont see any reason for not to let u upgrade phone/plan.. anyways its more buck for 'em... i really dont know other ways to get around.. i would say ' try to call customer service again and speak to supervisor nicely... u may get lucky:) btw driod is a awesome ph!!

3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Don't go to the official store!!! Go to one of the unofficial stores...they got a lot more freedom there...that's How I got mine...like 45 days after I began a brand new contract with a BB Storm...they helped me get a droid very easily... ;-)

4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    I've always dealt with a Corp store and they have no problem giving me early upgrades...

YMMV :icon_ banana:

5. gentlefury

gentlefury Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wrong! I went to an authorized dealer and they said I wasn't eligible until feb...tough luck....the girl didn't even get out of her chair.

I went to the corporate store near me and told them if they can get me the droid today they have a sale. They did it. That was in Dec.

6. natediddy1120

Ratings:
    +1
    Well they wouldn't for me...but we had just started a new 1 year contract and the 30 days had just expired...I think that's the main reason they wouldn't...

7. JordanRutledge01

Ratings:
    +0
    Whoa, really?
    I might try BesyBuy tonight.

8. natediddy1120

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm just speakin from my own personal experience guys....it really depends on the employees u deal with...

9. natediddy1120

Ratings:
    +1
    That's how I got my droid and I'm happy

10. JordanRutledge01

Ratings:
    +0
    Well is there anything that I should specifically tell them? I've tried with 2 different corporate stores and they told me to wait.

11. natediddy1120

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm tellin u man go to a non-corp store...u sound like your havin the same issues I did...the corps kept tellin me to wait or add another line...but u may be able to work somethin out with a non-corp store sales rep

12. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I was 6 months out on an upgrade on my phone and they let me. I went to corporate store and got Droid for new activation price + $35 for early upgrade. I'm on family plan with 2 lines, only been with VZW for little over a year.