question about the screen

segen77

Reaction score
I went to the local store today to look at the bionic seems really impressive and I like many of the new features. My only concern is with the pixelization on the screen. I noticed it a lot more than my wife did. to me it seemed to fade in and out, more so when something was moving on the screen. I'm thinking I would get used to it after a bit, but wanted to know peoples opinion as to how long it took them to get over the issue.

Thanks

shamus

Reaction score
It sounds like you may be takling about two different things.
The pixelation is the pentile screen and the fading in and out is part of blur (can be disabled).

I got over the pentile the first time I looked at my screen in the daylight.

foamman

Reaction score
I was thinking about holding off because of all the Pentile Screen talk. I ended up caving and got the phone yesterday. This phone is amazing and all the talk about the screen is absolute BS to me. Maybe I'm not as picky since I've been using a OG Droid with a shattered screen for three months waiting for this phone to be released. I don't see any of the flaws that other people are *****ing about.

Mamba94

Reaction score
My main concern in regards to buying this phone was the negative information I had been hearing about the screen. So I went into the Verizon store on Friday to check it out and ended up buying it. I actually think web pages, videos, and pictures look fantastic on the screen (the phone is a beast!!). I only notice the pixelation in the notification bar, and that's really only if I am focusing on it. My advice would be go check it out for yourself and see if it bothers you.

Good luck with your choice.

Frankie15

Reaction score
I absolutely hated the look of the screen when I got it on Thursday. It felt like I was looking at everything through a chain-link fence. I remember thinking the Pentile screen wouldn't be a big deal because I looked at the Droid 3 and didn't notice anything (Does that have the same screen?). I thought people were just over exaggerating. I was so upset because I really wanted to like the phone, but thankfully I got used to it (mostly) by the next day. I don't notice it as much anymore, but I still wish it had a better screen. I am contemplating returning the phone ONLY if the Prime gets an official release date for October between now and the 14 day window. Other than the sub par screen, I am extremely happy with the device.

Renae

Reaction score
I just want to say that I hate everyone on here who had to make such a HUGE deal about the screen. I never noticed this till today and finally looked at it hard, now all I can see is how pixilated it is, and I've been defending it saying it wasn't that bad. Oh well, the only colors I really notice it on are greens.

If you put an anti glare screen protector on, it blurs the pixilated ness.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lazarus2297

Reaction score
The only real opinion that matters is your own... that said this is a forum to talk about stuff so i will give mine. I dislike the screen alot.. colors are off and i see the screen door affect with pictures too..and the direct sunlight argument doesn't impress me as i use my phone away from direct sunlight the majority of the time anyway.. the prime is intriguing b/c for one thing with it being a samsung you can count on a nice screen.. although i normally stay away from samsung...

I am not convinced one way or the other. To keep it or return it....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
Ill share my opinion on this. When I bought the x2 at its release I went in there knowing nothing about what I was getting myself into other than omgcooldualcorephone. Coming from a d1 I was expecting an amazing screen, especially with the catchy bullet point feature "quarter HD" . Remember I knew nothing about the whole pentile screen stuff but I did notice the screen immediately. It wasn't unitl I hopped on these forums that I found out that what I was looking at was the pentile screen. I kept the phone for 14 days and returned it. Not because of the screen, but to wait for the bionic. So fastforward to friday the 9th when I got my bionic.

I turn it on and again immediately notice the "pixels". Its just as bad as the x2. I see it on almost every screen that im on. I can only imagine what was going on in those peoples minds on here who touted the screen as "beautiful". Now with all that said, I really don't mind the screen at all. Im fine with it. But to say its great or that its not noticeable is an outright lie. Either that or some peoples eyes are just broken.

dmacarth

Reaction score
I almost didn't buy it because if the pentile screen, I hated it in the store. It took me almost no time to get used to it and it does look great in bright light. I love the phone and am glad I took a chance with the screen.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I was thinking about holding off because of all the Pentile Screen talk. I ended up caving and got the phone yesterday. This phone is amazing and all the talk about the screen is absolute BS to me. Maybe I'm not as picky since I've been using a OG Droid with a shattered screen for three months waiting for this phone to be released. I don't see any of the flaws that other people are *****ing about.

What he said. ^^^ Love the screen. It's awesome!

Sebastian

Reaction score
I just came from the Droid Charge. I love the screen on the Charge. There is no denying its the superior screen out there...

... aaaaand then we get to the speed and responsiveness. NOTHING beats this phone stock. It's amazing. Take your pick, you can't go wrong.