Got my Bionic, first impressions

hydro556

Reaction score
Received my new Bionic today. Still feeling my way through it, but initially, I am very impressed. It is fast, more than doubling my Incredible on the Quadrant Standard number.

I like the way the phone is laid out, and it feels like a very expensive piece of equipment, and it should at its cost. I paid ~$160 with new 2 year contract. I was concerned it would feel cheap, but on the contrary, it feels like the most well put together phone I have had yet. Still getting things set up, but I am really impressed with it.

The only negative I see is the screen. I am not sure why Moto went all out on everything on this phone, but in my opinion, skimped on the screen. It is not terrible, and it is the best I have seen in sunlight, but the image quality is mediocre. My year old Incredible looks better, by a little bit. Not sure if this is enough to compel me to return it and wait for the Oct/Nov releases, but I am disappointed a bit. If Moto had dropped a high end display, I think this phone would have been good to go for a long time.

I am leaning toward keeping it, but would be blown away if the screen was up to par with the rest of the device.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ Part of the problem is how tight a 3.7 inch screen looks. When I went from the OG Droid to the DroidX it was hard to get used to.. but I did and havent looked back!