Question about SetCPU

OpalCat

Reaction score
I just changed the ROM on my phone and now I can't remember how I set up SetCPU last time... I remember reading somewhere that you had to do something to detect the phone's settings or something first? Otherwise it only lets you go up to 600MHz? But I can't remember how to do that. And searching didn't help.

Can someone remind me what I need to do (and the steps to get there) to get the phone to let me overclock to 800?

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
I just changed the ROM on my phone and now I can't remember how I set up SetCPU last time... I remember reading somewhere that you had to do something to detect the phone's settings or something first? Otherwise it only lets you go up to 600MHz? But I can't remember how to do that. And searching didn't help.

Can someone remind me what I need to do (and the steps to get there) to get the phone to let me overclock to 800?
select "auto detect" under devices. make sure to set up your profiles again, mine are

normal-1000mhz/250mhz
charging-550mhz/250mhz
sleeping-400mhz/250mhz
battery under 40%-900mhz/250mhz
temp over 45c-600mhz/250mhz

also what rom are you using?

OP
OpalCat

OpalCat

Reaction score
[That's where it was!]
Ok I went to devices and chose AutoDetect. It said it was going to ask for root permissions, but it never did. I clicked refresh and nothing changed. It is still listing a max of 600MHz.

I'm using BB 0.9

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
[That's where it was!]
Ok I went to devices and chose AutoDetect. It said it was going to ask for root permissions, but it never did. I clicked refresh and nothing changed. It is still listing a max of 600MHz.

I'm using BB 0.9
you have to flash a kernel such as chevys or adamz look at were you got the rom and look at optional kernels. rename the file to update.zip and apply like when you rooted your phone install>allow update.zip>install update.zip in sprecovery.