SetCPU question

MontyMo

Reaction score
I just rooted my Droid using the Sholes team app. THe first thing I did after rooting is to install the SetCPU app. The app will only let me set the clock to 550MHz

What am I missing? I'd like to bump up the CPU to 800MHZ

Thanks
Monty

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Goto Device selection and select autodetect....

vitomins

Reaction score
I just rooted my Droid using the Sholes team app. THe first thing I did after rooting is to install the SetCPU app. The app will only let me set the clock to 550MHz

What am I missing? I'd like to bump up the CPU to 800MHZ

Thanks
Monty

Did you select 'Droid' after you opened the SetCPU app? If so, reopen the app and once you are on the main screen that shows the speeds, just hit the menu button and click 'Device Selection.' Once there, scroll down and click auto-detect. This will allow you to change it.

I suggest using profiles so that you can drop it down to a lower clock-rate when the phone is charging or in standby...

OP
MontyMo

MontyMo

Reaction score
Thanks Backnblack!
That worked great!

Monty

jfm741

Reaction score
Also, i had to hit refresh for my settings to take effect. I had it set for 800max but always showed 550 at top left until i hit refresh....

OP
MontyMo

MontyMo

Reaction score
So how fast are you guys going? I have max and min set at 800MHz with no ill effects.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
So how fast are you guys going? I have max and min set at 800MHz with no ill effects.

1ghz here... going on 3 hours. No problems yet.

cisco0910

Reaction score
On you guys profiles, on the one when a temperature is reached by your battery...what temp is a good one to set it where I can bring it to 550? What's normal battery temperature and best way to find current battery temperature? Thanks

jfm741

Reaction score
in SetCpu hit system info. Should be on of the first things you see...(the temp) I have mine set at 40C....that's pretty hot...

rlandon

Reaction score
Yet another noob rooting question relating to setCPU. I rooted the phone using update.zip as mention in the numerous post and now have the Superuser Permissions icon, so I assume the Droid is rooted but can still only get 550 max from setCPU. Changed it to autodetect, hit refresh, rebooted the phone, still at only 550. If I'm correct, setCPU will only install from a rooted phone, so it must be correctly rooted but why only 550?

Screen is showing SetCPU 1.4.6 autodetect, checked for Set on Boot, CPU Governer = ondemand.

Update: Although I'm not sure what it does yet, I tried the Superuser Permission icon, which brought up a single line item: "+ 10067:10067 0:0 /system/bin/sh", clicked it which led me to a black screen. Had to go back to the previous screen otherwise it just stayed there. Tried SetCPU again and it wouldn't load, another black screen. After 10-15 seconds I got a message stating "Sorry, Activity SetCPU (in application SetCPU is not responding". Option buttons are Force Close and Wait. Ideas?

HMJB

Reaction score
Yet another noob rooting question relating to setCPU. I rooted the phone using update.zip as mention in the numerous post and now have the Superuser Permissions icon, so I assume the Droid is rooted but can still only get 550 max from setCPU. Changed it to autodetect, hit refresh, rebooted the phone, still at only 550. If I'm correct, setCPU will only install from a rooted phone, so it must be correctly rooted but why only 550?

Screen is showing SetCPU 1.4.6 autodetect, checked for Set on Boot, CPU Governer = ondemand.

Update: Although I'm not sure what it does yet, I tried the Superuser Permission icon, which brought up a single line item: "+ 10067:10067 0:0 /system/bin/sh", clicked it which led me to a black screen. Had to go back to the previous screen otherwise it just stayed there. Tried SetCPU again and it wouldn't load, another black screen. After 10-15 seconds I got a message stating "Sorry, Activity SetCPU (in application SetCPU is not responding". Option buttons are Force Close and Wait. Ideas?

You do need to install an overclocked kernal with the speed of your choice or a rom that includes it. Easiest way is through Sholes App which makes it super easy for the less tech savvy ;p

chiefboo

Reaction score
Couldn't find anything in a search and was wondering if using SETcpu voids the warranty and what kind of warranty do you all have?

Also how does this affect battery life?

CrappyAlloy

Reaction score
@jfm
The batteries critical temp point is 65 C, so I have mine set to 58 C, just thought you might like to know since 40 seems low in comparison (also just an fyi, the operating range of the battery is 0-65 C, and the CPU is fine between 0 and 90, and critical between -40 and 105, pretty good for any device)

@cheifboo
Well yes, your warrenty is void the moment you root to install it in the first place. To be honest though, they wont know if thats what screwed it up or not. And it likely wont, SetCPU and the phone has built in safe guards to keep this from happening. And as for battery life, you will actually get increased battery life if you use profiles correctly/well, some people just on par as well but not worse. Unless you use one of the much higher voltage OC kernals AND keep it at a high clock speed, otherwise you should be good. I get over a day at 800mhz, with several services running in the background even.

chiefboo

Reaction score
Thanks for the post! Sounds like I'm going with the Droid if my expo doesn't show up tomorrow.

I ordered an Expo (AT&T) through Amazon and it was supposed to be delivered Tuesday but for some reason got "rerouted," according to UPS rep, after arriving in my city to NC. I heard Amazon was selling items that weren't even in stock at the time the order was placed so as I said before...

Their policy indicates that if I return the phone I'll have to cancel my service with AT&T directly and be subjected to whatever cancellation policy they have. I'm not going to have to pay a termination fee am I??