question about BT headphones

Murz

Reaction score
I wanted a set that I could use in the gym and while running that was budget-friendly. In the end, I went with the MotoROKR S305s because I could get them for half the price of either of the other two, shipping included. I haven't yet received them, but this was a decision I bounced back and fourth with since buying my Droid in early March.

MotoROKR S305 at Buy.com for $33.95, free shipping.

The S305's are awsome! One thing though, you said that you want them to use while working out. One of the only negative reviews I saw about the 305's before I bought them was that sweat can soak into the earpads and damage the internal componants. Make sure to take extra caution with them if you are sweating a lot.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I currently have the MOTOROKR S9-HD headset and it's been the best thing ever for me! I travel a lot so it sees a lot of use. I've been able to work out with them and even run with them on. I've also had the older plantronics version which was convertible from mono to stereo by attaching an additional ear bud. Unfortunately, this broke within 2 months so I can't recommend it at all (plus, I think it's been discontinued).

All volume, player and call controls work.

One thing that you have to be careful of is sometimes the rubber in-ear thingys will fall off, so you have to be careful of that.

MOTOROKR™ S9-HD Wireless Stereo Headphones - Motorola USA
I bought these after my below purchase faled me, hoping they woul dbe as good as everyone says. They are not. Yes they sound good, but only if you push them into your ears. Otherwise they force themselves out just enough to eliminate all that great sound they were designed to deliver.
I have the MOTOROKR™ S305 Bluetooth® Stereo Headphones: MOTOROKR S305 Wireless Stereo Headphones - Motorola USA
A little cheaper, but I have been impressed. Even on the phone calls! People hear me fine. I can't use them for driving though. Need a regular bluetooth for that.
I tryed these and after abotu 2 hours, my ears were in pain, returned none the less.

I was devastated after 2 failed attempts so I am back to my $40 sony wired headphones that sound incredible and provide stunning bass, something the BT ones failed on.

I guess the technology and comfort level is not there for me yet.

atlharry

Reaction score
I currently have the MOTOROKR S9-HD headset and it's been the best thing ever for me! I travel a lot so it sees a lot of use. I've been able to work out with them and even run with them on. I've also had the older plantronics version which was convertible from mono to stereo by attaching an additional ear bud. Unfortunately, this broke within 2 months so I can't recommend it at all (plus, I think it's been discontinued).

All volume, player and call controls work.

One thing that you have to be careful of is sometimes the rubber in-ear thingys will fall off, so you have to be careful of that.

MOTOROKR™ S9-HD Wireless Stereo Headphones - Motorola USA
I bought these after my below purchase faled me, hoping they woul dbe as good as everyone says. They are not. Yes they sound good, but only if you push them into your ears. Otherwise they force themselves out just enough to eliminate all that great sound they were designed to deliver.
I have the MOTOROKR™ S305 Bluetooth® Stereo Headphones: MOTOROKR S305 Wireless Stereo Headphones - Motorola USA
A little cheaper, but I have been impressed. Even on the phone calls! People hear me fine. I can't use them for driving though. Need a regular bluetooth for that.
I tryed these and after abotu 2 hours, my ears were in pain, returned none the less.

I was devastated after 2 failed attempts so I am back to my $40 sony wired headphones that sound incredible and provide stunning bass, something the BT ones failed on.

I guess the technology and comfort level is not there for me yet.

I doubt that the majority of BT headphone users are looking for stellar sound fidelity (although, that would be a great plus). I personally got tired of unravelling rats nests of wires and moving wires out of the way while trying to work out. I also just had to replace my droid (under warranty) because the headphone jack had gotten a tiny bit loose and was causing audio dropout and static. The S9-HDs provided a good balance. To each his own however.

jimnutt

Reaction score
I have a Jabra BT-3030 that I really like. It's basically a dog-tag sized unit that you plug your own headphones into. Sound quality is good and has all the standard controls.

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
Interesting new problem with mine. It drops connection to BT sometimes now. Suddenly, music coming from the speaker, then, just as suddenly, back to the headphones. And the same with phone calls. Is this connected to the upgrade to 2.1 or something else?

atlharry

Reaction score
Interesting new problem with mine. It drops connection to BT sometimes now. Suddenly, music coming from the speaker, then, just as suddenly, back to the headphones. And the same with phone calls. Is this connected to the upgrade to 2.1 or something else?

this only happened to me when i was using my older plantronics stereo headset... I attributed it to interference of some sort. I don't get them with my S9-HDs, but I figured that it was because it might have a stronger BT receiver.

I used to drop connection to the plantronics on a daily basis...

rmcray08

Reaction score
I wanted a set that I could use in the gym and while running that was budget-friendly. In the end, I went with the MotoROKR S305s because I could get them for half the price of either of the other two, shipping included. I haven't yet received them, but this was a decision I bounced back and fourth with since buying my Droid in early March.

MotoROKR S305 at Buy.com for $33.95, free shipping.

The S305's are awsome! One thing though, you said that you want them to use while working out. One of the only negative reviews I saw about the 305's before I bought them was that sweat can soak into the earpads and damage the internal componants. Make sure to take extra caution with them if you are sweating a lot.

Murz:

Thanks for the heads-up. Fortunately, I'm not a big sweater in the gym or on the road, but I'll keep you all posted if problems begin to develop. I have heard that the S305s are on the lighter side as far as weight goes, which also influenced my decision.

J

jageryager

Yes, My first pair of S305's died about 10 minutes after I finished running on the treadmill. Head to get a new set.

J

jageryager

S305's, you milage may vary.

I have a posting on another thread about this. Me and at least 2 other posters are having trouble with the S305 headsets. For me, turning this headset on will cause the My Droid to reboot it's self about 30% of the time. My wife and I have the same S305/Droid combination. She's having the same problem. Even if the headset does work after I turn it on a it connects to the phone, after the first call the phone tends to quit routing calls through it. The only way to resolve the problem is to power cycle the phone.

tenfooterpipi

Reaction score
By any chance does anyone knwo if the Sony Ericsson MW600 Bluetooth remote control headset works? It seems that it works under this protocols:

Hands-Free Profile v1.5 (HFP)
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) v1.0
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) v1.4
Headset Profile (HSP) v1.1

Does the Droid has it? If so, then it wouldn't be a problem now would it...There is a store in NY that has them, and I would like to get one.....

All I really need is somethin like a remote control to keep my cellphone in my pocket, and something in my hand that permits me from taking out, able skip forward and back + volume, so any suggestions....

This Somny Ericson looks promising if it delivers.....

gavinsnana

Reaction score
Samsung WEP870

I just got my Samsung WEP870. For calls it seems to work fine but it will not play any of the audio from the phone. All I get is a popping sound. I can see where the msuic is playing on the phone but cannot hear in headset. Can somebody let me know if I am missing something...or if it is not really compatible with the Motorola Droid. (Ad says it is) I did make sure it was paired for phone audio and media audio.Thanks!

Last edited:

bad4u

Reaction score
Does anyone ever hear notifications over their BT? If so what combo are you using or if you had to make it work how did you?