Inexpensive headphones with media controls

rhasselbaum

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of inexpensive headphones with media control buttons (play/pause, previous, next, etc.) that I can use for workouts with the Droid X. Wired or wireless doesn't matter much to me, but I don't want to pay a lot because they'll probably see some abuse. Any recommendations?

shobe

Reaction score
Posted this in the other headphone post, but you can't go wrong with Skull Candy Inked / Mic'd headphones. I got mine for $20 from Dicks Sporting Goods. They sell them through the Skull Candy website too

OP
R

rhasselbaum

Reaction score
Posted this in the other headphone post, but you can't go wrong with Skull Candy Inked / Mic'd headphones. I got mine for $20 from Dicks Sporting Goods. They sell them through the Skull Candy website too

Do these have media controls? Doesn't look like it.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Not sure youre going to get media controls on wired headphones like you want. Most that I have seen are made for the iPhone/iPods and control volume/pause music/answer call. I have a set of Beats by Dre that have the controls on the wire but it only calls the last person I dialed, doesnt control volume or anythiing. Probably best bet are bluetooth headphones. I have heard that Bose have a set that work with any phone, but then again they probably are not cheap.

shobe

Reaction score
The mic button will pick up or end calls, but it will also pause the song with a single push and with a double, it will skip to the next song. I wear these under my helmet all the time and that's all I really need. The sound isolation is really good so I don't have to adjust the volume to drown out noise and the only control I need is to skip a song or stop. Basic, but works just fine.
The specific model I'm talking about is below...only I got the black and blue pairs.
Smokin Bud Purple/Red

OP
R

rhasselbaum

Reaction score
I ended up going with the Motorola S305, which someone had recommended on another thread. It was only a few bucks more (with free shipping from Amazon), and it is wireless and has a full set of media controls.

So far works great! My only complaint is that the media controls sometimes affect the wrong application, but that's a software problem I'll have to sort out separately.

johnlgalt

Reaction score
the S9 HDs can now be had for ~$50 and they definitely fit the bill all the way around - including a mic for communication to boot.

$50 may not be considered inexpensive, but considering the headphones originally listed for 3 times that, I'd call it a bargain for the sound quality and performance of the headphones.