Motorola s305 Bluetooth Headphones: Awesome !

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by tbever, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Trever1t

Trever1t Member

Ratings:
    +0
  2. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    One is the retail version and one is the OEM version. The retail one is in the normal retail bubble packs and the OEM one is normally just in a plastic bag and is sometimes, often perhaps, a reconditioned one. Read the reviews of various OEM products on Newegg and you will find that many people complain of getting used or reconditioned products. There is normally a much greater price difference than just the $2 here, so that makes the retail version a really great deal at the current price, or at least what it was yesterday. Mine shipped.

3. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
  4. mikespe

mikespe Member

Ratings:
    +5
    There is a "learning curve" since I came from using a Motorola H700...but I also went from an enV2 to a Motorola Droid so learning curve is my middle name here! I haven't used them much yet since most of my music is still on my ipod. However I just ordered a Motorola D650 BT adapter for my ipod. we will see how that works. I heard good things about that adapter (I hope the 5th gen ipod video has the 30 pin plug...I forgot to check before ordering! :icon_eek:)

I got the S9 for $36 shipped from eBay...they were new but repackaged (didn't say refurbished and the seller's feedback rating was 99%). I tried them out with the music I had on my Droid and it sounded good to my ears...but I am not really an audiophile and the stock earbuds sound fine to me..

5. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    I don't think that any bluetooth headsets or headphone are audiophile quality and I don't expect the S305 to be either. I doubt than any can match a good $50 to $100 pair of wired earphones or headphones. It's like satellite radio. I listen to XM as background music, but the SQ, especially stereo separation is not very good. I couldn't sit there and listen to it seriously, but then I mainly listen to classical, jazz and new age.

I don't intend to use the S305 for serious listening when out. I have a good MP3 player and wired earphones for that. These are for background and when I want easy access to answering the phone. As long as they don't have bloated bass and have half decent mids and highs I will be happy for the intended purpose.

6. bobmaerz

bobmaerz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are there bluetooth devices that work with the Droid?
    I just got the Droid this week and my current bluetooth device (Motorola H505) does not seem to work with the Droid.

Any suggestions?

7. shademar

shademar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got these as a christmas present (along with a multimedia dock. yay for tricking out my gadgets!)

One thing I've noticed though: music I play through them has a weird tendency to go in and out of key, like a slight doppler shift. I'm finding them difficult to use for this reason.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts about whether this is likely to be the BT transmitter or receiver? I'm new to using BT for music playing purposes so any feedback is appreciated!

8. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Yes, sort of. I have an old Jabra BT8010 stereo bluetooth headset and here is how it works. I can answer and end a call fine. I can listen to stereo music and then when I get a call, the music will stop and the phone/earpiece will ring. When I push the headset answer button, it will answer the call. When I want to end the call, I just push the answer/end button on the headset and the call ends and the music begins where it left off. The thing that it doesn't do is allow me to make a call from the headset with voice dialing. However, a long press of the headset button will allow me to call the last person dailed.

I also have the Motorola H715 mono headset. It will also allow me to make a call to the last person dailed with a long press and I can answer and end calls, but not do voice dialing.

I am also getting the Motorola S305 stereo headset. I believe that someone said in a review that it will allow voice dialing with the Droid. It should arrive in a couple of days and I will check it. It also might also allow music control, but again I will have to wait to see.

#20 TheOldFart, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  9. mikespe

mikespe Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I have the Motorola H700 that works great with the Droid. Matter of fact it works better on the Droid than it did on my env2! I'll let you know how the S9 works as I use it more...

10. droidical

droidical New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. Xaneth

Xaneth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered the OEM version and had the following issues:

Hardware/Software
    BT Motorola S305 stero headset
    ROM - Verizon Stock 2.1, CM 5.0.5.3, CM 5.0.5.4, CM 5.0.5.7, UD 9.0, UD 9.8, UD 10

I pair my headset, music plays, awesome. Receive a phone call, comes in through the headset, pauses the music, even more awesome. Go to make a phone call, not routed through bluetooth, not awesome.

What I have found is that if I power down the headset and back up, it usually works then. Also, if I just leave it on, and start manually typing in a phone number, I will eventually start hearing the tones come through the BT headset. Once I do, I'm able to place calls routed through BT. What's the deal? At first I thought it could be something with the headset, but it doesn't seem like it, or...?

12. Xaneth

Xaneth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i found that as long as i hit the call button on the headset, it establishes a connection before placing calls

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page
摩托罗拉s305 pin
can motorola s305 bluetooth pair to multiple devices
motorola s305 connect to multiple devices

motorola s305 firmware update

motorola s305 multiple devices

motorola s305 multiple pairing
motorola s305 on htc one
motorola s305 pairing multiple devices
pair s305 with two devices
pairing h700 with samsung