Headphones with mics that work?

ultimamma

Reaction score
I bought some Klipsch S4i headphones, after reading so many reviews of the non-mic'd S4 IEMs. Unfortunately, they don't work with the Droid! Are there any high end headphone/headsets that work with the Droid? Even better yey, are there any that will control media player functions like play, stop, pause, forward reverse controls?

Reks

Reaction score
I use the Vmoda Faze with an app called Droid Shuffle, lets you control music the way you described and can be used as a mic for calls. Few people have mentioned the bose headset being pretty good as well not sure if it will work with the Droid Shuffle app. But I think pretty much any headset with mic controls should do it.

OP
U

ultimamma

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I downloaded it and will try it with the S4i controls after work.

I use the Vmoda Faze with an app called Droid Shuffle, lets you control music the way you described and can be used as a mic for calls. Few people have mentioned the bose headset being pretty good as well not sure if it will work with the Droid Shuffle app. But I think pretty much any headset with mic controls should do it.

HeroNova

Reaction score
Right now I'm using the wireless Motorokr S305

They work well and have a mic. Sound is clear and crisp with music or on the phone. Works through bluetooth. They don't have control buttons but have a volume rocker on the headset.
Before those, I was using an expensive pair of Shure isolation type earphones but they began to kill the inside of my ears, were not very comfortable after long periods of wearing them.

Reks

Reaction score
Would this work with. The ipod headphones that have a remote on them if they do I'm deff gettin them

tried using the ipod headphones they did not pause/play music consistently and i did not test any phone calls with them

jmw

Reaction score

They work well and have a mic. Sound is clear and crisp with music or on the phone. Works through bluetooth. They don't have control buttons but have a volume rocker on the headset.
Before those, I was using an expensive pair of Shure isolation type earphones but they began to kill the inside of my ears, were not very comfortable after long periods of wearing them.
Did your shure's have a microphone and did they work with the droid, despite the fact that you found them to be uncomfortable? Also what was the model number on your Shure's. Thanks,
Michael

Richie79

Reaction score
I use the Bose in ear headphones with mic and they work great...if you use them with the 3 "cube" audio player then the rocker switch on the headphones can change the song.

Smitty258

Reaction score

Which S305 are you using? They DO have music controls! The outside face of the right earpiece have them. Down to pause, Left and right are forward and backward track, and up is to answer a phone call. I use them everyday at work and love them. Call quality is fairly decent too when you get a call.