Klipsch Image S4i earphones with mic

gbtimber

Reaction score
There are studies and there are studies, kinda like global warming...I guess one could spend the $60 for a silicone case that supposedly redirects cell radiation away from your head https://www.pongresearch.com/Startpage-Online_Store-iPhone_3G/324/Default.aspxor or just be realistic about one's cellphone/bluetooth usage...

A Danish study released last month, which found mobile phones had no effect on the risk of cancer
That study followed 420,000 mobile phone users in Denmark for up to 21 years and found mobile phone users had the same chance of developing the disease as the general population.
The research, which covered more than half the Danes who started using mobile phones between 1982 and 1995, found no increase in any of the forms of cancer that have been suggested as potential hazards of their use, including brain, neck and eye tumours and leukemia.
The study, produced by the Danish Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, was published in the UK Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
In 2000, a separate report found no evidence of danger, but recommended a precautionary approach to mobile use, particularly among young people.
Prof Challis is planning a another study into the effects of mobile phone use on children.
"We all know that if you're exposed to sunlight as a kid you are much more likely to get skin cancer than if you're exposed as an adult," he said.
Prof Challis told The Times newspaper he was in the final stages of negotiating a $7.5 million grant from the British Government to proceed with his studies.
Existing research has shown no conclusive proof mobile phone use is dangerous to health.

Arun

Reaction score
Here is what I have observed with my Klipsch Image s4i ear buds...

1. The middle button can be used to pick up the calls. But doesnt hang up the calls.
2. When you are in a call the -/+ buttons mutes the call.
3. The worst part is the mic doesnt work when you are in the call. :( (Can someone confirm if I got a defective piece or if droid doesnt support the mic with this model ?)
4. When playing music the -/+ buttons pauses the music.

I didnt see any other buttons or button presses do any other functionality.

I am gonna post the mic problem with google forums... if they do not fix it then I have to return my costly earbuds. :(

valnar

Reaction score
I was just going to post a thread about this. The Klipsch Image S4i ear buds were at the top of my list because of the reviews. So if they don't work, can anyone else recommend a good ~ $100 brand of earphones with microphone that work?

Anyone? :)

rlandon

Reaction score
I use the Klipsch S4's and pull the plug when needed. A major pain, but the sound is awesome from them. I too looked at the S4i's but after reading the warnings of ipod/iphone only (because of software capatibility) went with just the headphones.

I've been a huge fan of Bose and own them in my home (4 901's and the Comp 5 II), the reviews on the earbuds were not that favorable so I went with Klipsch. Glad I did.

authority11

Reaction score

Stormwing

Reaction score
I think that the droid's headphone jack may not support track changing or any other buttons (no idea about volume scrollers) at all...I also tried the sony mdr-ex38ip and all that worked was play/pause, anything else led to the annoying party shuffle thing.

Ive given up on tracks and stuff and I use a pair of nuforce ne-7m's.

r0tt3n

Reaction score
Here's what I've found.

I have the iphone 3gs headphones, and the sony ex headphones. Both are the 3-button in-line style. Both have mics that don't work on my droid.

I'm guessing newer 3gs-compatible headphones like the awesome klipsch x10i and s4i models are the exact same.

Other models with only one button probably do work. Someone asked about the ultimate ears metro.fi. Pretty sure all of the ultimate ears headphones that have mics will work with the droid. Ultimate ears is a bit behind in making 3-button headsets, so they probably don't make a model that doesn't work with the droid... yet.

Fingers crossed that the android 2.1 os fixes this compatibility issue. It is so annoying having to use bluetooth. For business applications, bluetooth headsets... ALL OF THEM ... are next to unusable. On conference calls, they introduce noise, delay, batteries die quickly, sound quality is mediocre at best, brutal at worst.. and when you're trying to get your word in edge-wise with a 10-person call... none of that is acceptable. Fingers crossed...

slinky

Reaction score
All my headphones that worked with my Apple iPhone 3GS work perfectly with the Droid. The microphone doesn't seem to be as sensitive (a droid issue I would guess) but what is really annoying is the call button does answer and mute the phone but it doesn't work properly with the media player. If you click it accidentally it will play the media player by default. There is no way to get it to work with another media player that I can see. The double or triple click does not work either, it's just start and stop.

r0tt3n

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard different things about the 3gs mics, like that they do work with the voice recorder, but not with the phone. I've never tried that personally, but plan to. If that is the case, then there is hope that a firmware update could fix this. I've also heard the occasional claim that the 3gs mic _does_ work with droids. Can't figure out what's really going on..

chrissyg

Reaction score
headset for droid

Is there any news regarding compatibility issues with droid?
Or may you find any other headphones with remote audio controls that works with droid?

I also wonder if this works on droid

Amazon.com: Etymotic Research HF2 Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Black: Electronics

Regards,

Zaza

Yes, these work with the Droid; a friend bought them to use with his iPhone and he let me test them before purchasing. The mic works and the earphone quality is great. Two year warranty as well. :)

Reaction score
I have the same headphones the op listed but not the mic version. They are spectacular. I'd like to try and find a bluetooth remote that i could use on the droid....

callverizon

Reaction score
Call Verizon so they have these issues on file (and maybe fix them).

Hi,

I just bought a Droid 2. I listen to music A LOT, but of course this is a phone so I started research looking for a set that could give me good playback with music but also function well for the phone. After reading the posts on this forum and others and contacting some earphone manufacturers, it appears that the buttons on most (maybe all) earphones do not work well with the Droids.

I contacted the Technical department of Verizon today (the 14th of September) and they DO NOT have this noted as an issue.

I recommend that folks that have (or had) issues with the mic or music playback on their headsets should call Verizon so that the issue gets noted for fixing. From what I understand, once the issue is recognized by them and fixed, the Droid software on our phones will be automatically updated.

Thanks.