Bang and Olufsen 3i headphones don't work on the OG Droid?

Natolx

Reaction score
I splurged on these headphones since I was looking for high quality headphones that were not noise isolating. I was dismayed when I received them that when plugged into my droid they cause the droid to pause and un-pause slowly(in the media player) or act like the headphones are being rapidly plugged and unplugged in Pandora. Is this a result of the incompatibility of Iphone designed headphone products with the droid or is my droid somehow at fault here? The headphones work fine on my computer.... but obviously the computer doesn't use that third contact.

Note:The headphones work on my Toshiba Android tablet, but the buttons do absolutely nothing.

Edit: Using Headset button controller app, it looks like the Droid is recognizing click from the buttons incorrectly(like which button I'm actually p;ressing). And when I press a button it is followed by a bunch of phantom clicks. Does this mean my droid headphone jack is f'ed up?

Edit 2: Cleaned my headphone jack with 90% isopropyl on a Q-tip. No improvement :(

Last edited:
OP
N

Natolx

Reaction score
Well I figured out a sort of workaround using Headset Button Controller to make it act like a single button controller, however It won't let me answer calls because headset button controller has answer hangup call locked to single click of the center button.

Since my headsets middle button does nothing and hitting the other buttons randomly produce either a long click or a click and hold that just won't do. Not sure why the program won't let me change that :(

Edit: Figured out how to control the long click or click and hold, so I can do pause/play and next song. Sadly still no end call answer call, emailed the program editor.

Edit2: Nevermind on picking up the calls... mirophone doesn't work on droid, although it works on my Toshiba Thrive tablet... very odd

Last edited:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I have a pair of Bose ear-buds that were designed for the iPhone and share your frustration.. I mainly want to have the ability to use the mic on them while listening to music in case a call comes in. The work around i found for the mic issue is that plugin the headphones into the phone and holding that center button while doing it gets the droid to recognize the mic.
The other buttons don't bother me as the Rom i'm using has lock screen music control buttons.. hope this helps..

OP
N

Natolx

Reaction score
...Please let me know how that adapter works for you..

I also ordered this cable(it looks much nicer and is cheaper but takes 15-20 days to come... not that patient)
http://mp4nation.net/catalog/fiio-lu1-35mm-smart-adapter-cable-ofc-p-591.html

Here's the actual description of the cable I just linked. MP4nation doesn't make it sound like it'll work.
http://www.fiio.com.cn/product/index.aspx?ID=30&MenuID=020303

Using your method Chizzelle just left the phone microphone on, although I guess that is better

Last edited:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Cool, let me know when you get to try it out, im wondering if the newer phones that are coming out would still have this problem, if so and this cable will work for you I'll order one as well...

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

OP
N

Natolx

Reaction score
USPS can go **** itself. I ordered the cable on Sunday(it shipped Monday) through Priority Mail(so called 2-3 day shipping) and the package is STILL at the sorting facility in California( a second "processing" tracking notice today at 5pm). I live on the east coast. No wonder USPS is going out of business.

Last edited:
OP
N

Natolx

Reaction score
Total failure of the adapter, in fact it made it worse because now the buttons don't work at all and the speakers don't ground properly(the sounds all messed up unless I hold the center button). grr....

duduke24

Reaction score
Long Click/Click and Hold

Well I figured out a sort of workaround using Headset Button Controller to make it act like a single button controller, however It won't let me answer calls because headset button controller has answer hangup call locked to single click of the center button.

Since my headsets middle button does nothing and hitting the other buttons randomly produce either a long click or a click and hold that just won't do. Not sure why the program won't let me change that :(

Edit: Figured out how to control the long click or click and hold, so I can do pause/play and next song. Sadly still no end call answer call, emailed the program editor.

Edit2: Nevermind on picking up the calls... mirophone doesn't work on droid, although it works on my Toshiba Thrive tablet... very odd

Can you tell me how to control the Long Click/Click and Hold? I'm using Headset Button Controller on a Droid X. I get the same problem with AKG K318 headphone/mic.

Thanks so much!!