Motorola s305 Bluetooth Headphones: Awesome !

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by tbever, Dec 26, 2009.

1. tbever

tbever New Member

I just received these for Christmas. My minireview:

Connection: Connect without any problem with the Droid. Range is about 30 to 40 feet.

Controls: There are separate volume controls, play/pause, call accept/end, FF and RW keys all of which work seamlessly with Doggcatcher and the built in music app.

Sound quality is good, at least for podcasts and Pandora. They are lightweight and comfortable, perfect for working out. If anyone is considering BT headphones definitely check these out!
  2. struong57

struong57 New Member

I got the same headphones for Christmas and definitely give it a 5 out of 5 stars.

Best thing is that it has a microphone so you can answer calls, and perform voice commands.
  3. tbever

tbever New Member

How do you initiate the voice command, from the Droid or the headset? I have voicedialer HF for voice command with a Button program so the camera button brings up voice dialing but I did not try it with the BT headset.
  4. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Are these similar to the Motorola S9 headphones? I just got these and like them alot...
  5. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

Thanks for the reviews. I just ordered them from Newegg - $36.99 and free shipping for the retail version.
  6. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

7. struong57

struong57 New Member

You activate voice commands by pressing the "talk" key on the headphone and say, "call (name of contact)" or "navigate to (address/location name)".
  8. silverx10

silverx10 New Member

Didn't know it had a mic, will have to check that out.

That being said, I'd give it a 4.5 outta 5, simply because when I've got the DROID in my armband on my left arm, the signal seems to have issues every now and again getting to the receiver in the right bud of the headphones.

Still, one slick piece o' engineering.
  9. lockman

lockman New Member

10. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

Yeah, this board could ruin a marriage. Mine sort of snarled a bit, but I just bought her a bunch of clothes, so she said nothing. Actually, she's pretty good and never really complains. She even thought that buying the Droid and going up from $15 Vcast to the $30 data plan was a good idea.
  11. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

I thought about getting these, but I was concerned that the controls would be difficult to reach, especially if I was wearing a jacket. Do you find that to be true?

Actually, I am just asking out of curiosity. If I were to buy those in addition to the S305 then I will probably be very dead. :eek:
  12. Djanvk

Djanvk Member

Just ordered them from Newegg, thanks for all the review and find for the great price. I was looking for new headphone and now I'll have wireless ones, even better.

So now I just have to wait.
  13. Trever1t

Trever1t New Member

14. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

One is the retail version and one is the OEM version. The retail one is in the normal retail bubble packs and the OEM one is normally just in a plastic bag and is sometimes, often perhaps, a reconditioned one. Read the reviews of various OEM products on Newegg and you will find that many people complain of getting used or reconditioned products. There is normally a much greater price difference than just the $2 here, so that makes the retail version a really great deal at the current price, or at least what it was yesterday. Mine shipped.
  15. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

16. mikespe

mikespe New Member

There is a "learning curve" since I came from using a Motorola H700...but I also went from an enV2 to a Motorola Droid so learning curve is my middle name here! I haven't used them much yet since most of my music is still on my ipod. However I just ordered a Motorola D650 BT adapter for my ipod. we will see how that works. I heard good things about that adapter (I hope the 5th gen ipod video has the 30 pin plug...I forgot to check before ordering! :icon_eek:)

I got the S9 for $36 shipped from eBay...they were new but repackaged (didn't say refurbished and the seller's feedback rating was 99%). I tried them out with the music I had on my Droid and it sounded good to my ears...but I am not really an audiophile and the stock earbuds sound fine to me..
  17. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

I don't think that any bluetooth headsets or headphone are audiophile quality and I don't expect the S305 to be either. I doubt than any can match a good $50 to $100 pair of wired earphones or headphones. It's like satellite radio. I listen to XM as background music, but the SQ, especially stereo separation is not very good. I couldn't sit there and listen to it seriously, but then I mainly listen to classical, jazz and new age.

I don't intend to use the S305 for serious listening when out. I have a good MP3 player and wired earphones for that. These are for background and when I want easy access to answering the phone. As long as they don't have bloated bass and have half decent mids and highs I will be happy for the intended purpose.
  18. bobmaerz

bobmaerz New Member

Are there bluetooth devices that work with the Droid?
    I just got the Droid this week and my current bluetooth device (Motorola H505) does not seem to work with the Droid.

Any suggestions?
  19. shademar

shademar New Member

I got these as a christmas present (along with a multimedia dock. yay for tricking out my gadgets!)

One thing I've noticed though: music I play through them has a weird tendency to go in and out of key, like a slight doppler shift. I'm finding them difficult to use for this reason.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts about whether this is likely to be the BT transmitter or receiver? I'm new to using BT for music playing purposes so any feedback is appreciated!
  20. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

Yes, sort of. I have an old Jabra BT8010 stereo bluetooth headset and here is how it works. I can answer and end a call fine. I can listen to stereo music and then when I get a call, the music will stop and the phone/earpiece will ring. When I push the headset answer button, it will answer the call. When I want to end the call, I just push the answer/end button on the headset and the call ends and the music begins where it left off. The thing that it doesn't do is allow me to make a call from the headset with voice dialing. However, a long press of the headset button will allow me to call the last person dailed.

I also have the Motorola H715 mono headset. It will also allow me to make a call to the last person dailed with a long press and I can answer and end calls, but not do voice dialing.

I am also getting the Motorola S305 stereo headset. I believe that someone said in a review that it will allow voice dialing with the Droid. It should arrive in a couple of days and I will check it. It also might also allow music control, but again I will have to wait to see.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
Search tags for this page
摩托罗拉s305 pin
can motorola s305 bluetooth pair to multiple devices
how to pair galaxy s4 with motorola bluetooth headphones s9
motorola s305 bluetooth pairing code
motorola s305 connect to multiple devices

motorola s305 firmware update

motorola s305 multiple devices

motorola s305 multiple pairing
motorola s305 on htc one

motorola s305 pairing multiple devices