Motorola s305 Bluetooth Headphones: Awesome !

tbever

Reaction score
I just received these for Christmas. My minireview:

Connection: Connect without any problem with the Droid. Range is about 30 to 40 feet.

Controls: There are separate volume controls, play/pause, call accept/end, FF and RW keys all of which work seamlessly with Doggcatcher and the built in music app.

Sound quality is good, at least for podcasts and Pandora. They are lightweight and comfortable, perfect for working out. If anyone is considering BT headphones definitely check these out!

struong57

Reaction score
I got the same headphones for Christmas and definitely give it a 5 out of 5 stars.

Best thing is that it has a microphone so you can answer calls, and perform voice commands.

OP
tbever

tbever

Reaction score
I got the same headphones for Christmas and definitely give it a 5 out of 5 stars.

Best thing is that it has a microphone so you can answer calls, and perform voice commands.

How do you initiate the voice command, from the Droid or the headset? I have voicedialer HF for voice command with a Button program so the camera button brings up voice dialing but I did not try it with the BT headset.

mikespe

Reaction score
Are these similar to the Motorola S9 headphones? I just got these and like them alot...

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Thanks for the reviews. I just ordered them from Newegg - $36.99 and free shipping for the retail version.

struong57

Reaction score
You activate voice commands by pressing the "talk" key on the headphone and say, "call (name of contact)" or "navigate to (address/location name)".

silverx10

Reaction score
Didn't know it had a mic, will have to check that out.

That being said, I'd give it a 4.5 outta 5, simply because when I've got the DROID in my armband on my left arm, the signal seems to have issues every now and again getting to the receiver in the right bud of the headphones.

Still, one slick piece o' engineering.

lockman

Reaction score

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Are these similar to the Motorola S9 headphones? I just got these and like them alot...

No. These are on the ear instead of in the ear.

Newegg.com - MOTOROLA S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories

Thanks for the link. Was telling wifely last night I wanted these but she said I had to wait. Too expensive she said. Ha! Not now!

Yeah, this board could ruin a marriage. Mine sort of snarled a bit, but I just bought her a bunch of clothes, so she said nothing. Actually, she's pretty good and never really complains. She even thought that buying the Droid and going up from $15 Vcast to the $30 data plan was a good idea.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

I thought about getting these, but I was concerned that the controls would be difficult to reach, especially if I was wearing a jacket. Do you find that to be true?

Actually, I am just asking out of curiosity. If I were to buy those in addition to the S305 then I will probably be very dead. :eek:

Djanvk

Reaction score
Just ordered them from Newegg, thanks for all the review and find for the great price. I was looking for new headphone and now I'll have wireless ones, even better.

So now I just have to wait.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

One is the retail version and one is the OEM version. The retail one is in the normal retail bubble packs and the OEM one is normally just in a plastic bag and is sometimes, often perhaps, a reconditioned one. Read the reviews of various OEM products on Newegg and you will find that many people complain of getting used or reconditioned products. There is normally a much greater price difference than just the $2 here, so that makes the retail version a really great deal at the current price, or at least what it was yesterday. Mine shipped.