Purchase New Droid

OP
wfholcom

wfholcom

Reaction score
Can I buy one of yours? Ha!Ha!

You must be the primary line on the account. I have a Family Account and my wife is secondary. They want $199 for to get 2 (BOGO).

jimdroid69

Reaction score
i got mine at walmart in my area last friday for 148.00 plus tax for a secondary line two year renewal.

iommichild

Reaction score
So, dumb question - I'm on a family plan with my partner; we just did the paperwork in Nov, I think. My contract at that time wasn't up, so the girlfriend got a new phone, and I got nothing. Flashfoward to now, where Verizon said I'm elig for my new every two in a week.

I want to jump to Droid and add a date plan, so I tried to upgrade my phone thru the Amazon Wireless store, but it said that I'm not in the upgrade window. I'm wondering if a) I just need to wait a week until my official new-every-two eligibility (my understanding was that it doesn't have to be on/after the exact date) or b) Amazon is looking at when my whole contract ends...Any ideas?

Last edited:

bamarammin87

Reaction score
Idk. My buddy can upgrade on vzw, but has to wait til the 7th to get his droid on Amazon. Call vzw n they'll tell u wen u csn get it. Btw, screw payin 100 bucks or more for it,wireless.amazon.com has em for 49.99. No gimmicks. Got mine from them last week. No problems at all. 50 bucks for a droid is sweet! Who knows why these people are pointing u to more expensive sites.

JoeKacz

Reaction score
I'm eligible to upgrade with Verizon's discounted price ($199 online), but I'm not yet eligible for my new every two (won't be until November.) Does anyone know if any of the current $49.99 deals will work without being at my NE2 date yet?

swsparky

Reaction score
I have Verizon Contract, that is not up for renewal yet, I tried to purchase from Amazon for 49.00 and I was denied.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right -- you're not going to get it subsidized from a reseller if you're not eligible (up for renewal).

I'm eligible to upgrade with Verizon's discounted price ($199 online), but I'm not yet eligible for my new every two (won't be until November.) Does anyone know if any of the current $49.99 deals will work without being at my NE2 date yet?
NE2 isn't relevant for the resellers.

Btw, screw payin 100 bucks or more for it,wireless.amazon.com has em for 49.99. No gimmicks.
As always. Read and understand the fine print with any reseller.

Jages16

Reaction score
Actually the NE2 is pertinent to wireless.amazon. I tried ordering the 49.99 Droid this morning and it was denied. My upgrade date was March, 25. Called *611 and the moved up my date to today. Went back to amazon about 30 minutes later and ordered it and it went through. Called amazon to make sure and said that you can't order unless you are eligible and that's why it was rejected at first. I agree with the last poster though. Read the fine print! If you order from Wirefly and do anything to change your contract, you owe a huge fee. With Amazon, you just need to make sure you keep the account open for 6 months and can make any other changes you want. It's tough to beat $49.99, no activation and no taxes. Plus free 2 day shipping! Can't wait to get mine Thursday.