If you purchase ringtones from verizon...

HuntTheWumpus

Reaction score
I think you will just have to be screwed....I've tried everything to get duplicate ringtones off and NO ONE seems to know how on the Droid...Not even Motorola....I'm very disappointed with this purchase....I see now why Apple rules the SmartPhone market....If anyone finds a way, please let me know....:mad:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why would anyone pay for ringtones?

OP
H

HuntTheWumpus

Reaction score
I was foolish....since I am a newbie, I thought it was the way to go but now I see it's a trap....just a word to the (not so wise)....don't do it!! Now, how does one get this crap off....it's saved SOMEWHERE....

baniels

Reaction score
Yes. Why buy?

Explain your problem. You bought ringtones and then downloaded them twice?

OP
H

HuntTheWumpus

Reaction score
I purchased a ringtone from Verizon; It comes through as a text message....when I saved it to the phone, it obviously saved twice because under the ringtones menu, it's listed twice...i want to remove one but don't know where to go...I've searched the SD card numerous times...just like you can't delete the stock ringtones, it obviously saves purchased tones to that same directory, which must be hidden or just magical....

johall07

Reaction score
im pretty sure you can see them in your music app thing that came with the phone

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Download ASTRO... check the file called download and see if they are there...

Skaggz

Reaction score
I wasn't even aware that you could buy ringtones from VZW for the droid. I'm sure that is also the case for most people here as well. That being said, its unlikely that very many people have had to deal with this issue.

Most likely, it is saved on your SD card somewhere. Take a deep breath, and do an intellegent search for it. If you are 100% sure it is not on there, then the only way to modify the file is to root your phone.

Please don't go saying the Droid is inferior to the iPhone, especially when you came to that conclusion due to user error.