Existing VZW customers NOT eligible for NE2 and have the Droid?

jweber

Reaction score
edit, sorry missed the word annual. not sure what you can do if you re less than 12 months

Last edited:

thedon

Reaction score
I purchased the Tour a few weeks after it was released and now I'm on #3 Tour. I tried calling today to see if I could get another device (didn't say DROID) because i'm tired of the trackball breaking every few weeks. THey denied me, both tech and the tech supervisor because they said that their policy is to NOT offer a new device if you have had a replacement more than 2 months. I got my #3 on Aug 31st. The trackball has been busted longer, but i was waiting until the DROID came out.

Now they are sending me the new Tour, or refurb. I am now wondering what my options are. I cant pay retail. I wonder if i should call a week after #4 arrives, say im having the same issue with trackball and ask for the DROID.

Thoughts?

PatG

Reaction score
I called VZW today to ask why I did not receive the credit. She told me that my line was not eligible for the NE2 rebate because it is a secondary line at $9.99.

Damn... I am on Month 23 on a secondary (family plan) $9.99 line. I was hoping to the the Droid for $199 net month. I guess that isn't going to happen.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I called VZW today to ask why I did not receive the credit. She told me that my line was not eligible for the NE2 rebate because it is a secondary line at $9.99.

Damn... I am on Month 23 on a secondary (family plan) $9.99 line. I was hoping to the the Droid for $199 net month. I guess that isn't going to happen.

yup they dont mention the fact that NE2 discount only applies to the primary line.

chadsville

Reaction score
I am the primary line on a family share plan so which means I'm eligible for New Every Two pricing every 1 year. You might be in the same boat OP

jlileikis

Reaction score
Here's a snip from an email Verizon sent me yesterday about upgrading.
Fine print said I may be subject to $20 upgrade fee. Confirmed that with Verizon too.

thedon

Reaction score
Here's a snip from an email Verizon sent me yesterday about upgrading.
Fine print said I may be subject to $20 upgrade fee. Confirmed that with Verizon too.

who receives these emails? those who are close to an upgrade anyway?

808droid

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately it only credits the primary line, second lines are not qualified, which in my opinion is unfair. But what helps, is purchasing the phone online instead of instead instore. When we went to the store to look at the phone and ask questions, the $100 rebate would have to be paid up front, then I would have to mail in my receipt, and copy of the USB Code on the carton and wait 6-8 weeks for it back.

I wasn't ready to dish out that extra $200, besides, from my past experience prior to me getting our Razer's 3 yrs ago, I did all that, and still didn't get my $50 back, even after 2 attempts at the counter reporting my problem. So I didn't want to risk it, again.

So, I ordered it online Firday night, got notice it was shipped on Sunday, and received it yesterday, without having to dish out the extra $200, with FREE shipping on top of that....so total savings was $200 instant online rebate w/2yr contract, $50 NE2 credit, and $50 accessarie discount for a total of $300...not bad imo...

So, this DROID is up for a credit in 20 months on the primary, which isn't too bad.

HEMDROID

Reaction score
I just bought my Curve back in May 2009 and want the droid :(

I don't know what to do. I've only had the Curve for 6 months. Damn....

My girlfriend wants to get on my account but she doesn't need the Droid... How would I work this out?

she would have to keep the BB and data plan... but you can ad a line, it's gonna cost you about 345 US to close the deal.:motdroidvert:

thedon

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately it only credits the primary line, second lines are not qualified, which in my opinion is unfair. But what helps, is purchasing the phone online instead of instead instore. When we went to the store to look at the phone and ask questions, the $100 rebate would have to be paid up front, then I would have to mail in my receipt, and copy of the USB Code on the carton and wait 6-8 weeks for it back.

I wasn't ready to dish out that extra $200, besides, from my past experience prior to me getting our Razer's 3 yrs ago, I did all that, and still didn't get my $50 back, even after 2 attempts at the counter reporting my problem. So I didn't want to risk it, again.

So, I ordered it online Firday night, got notice it was shipped on Sunday, and received it yesterday, without having to dish out the extra $200, with FREE shipping on top of that....so total savings was $200 instant online rebate w/2yr contract, $50 NE2 credit, and $50 accessarie discount for a total of $300...not bad imo...

So, this DROID is up for a credit in 20 months on the primary, which isn't too bad.

so make sure I understand, were you done with your contract? Or you did this while still under contract.

HarlyFan

Reaction score
I just bought my Curve back in May 2009 and want the droid :(

I don't know what to do. I've only had the Curve for 6 months. Damn....

My girlfriend wants to get on my account but she doesn't need the Droid... How would I work this out?

:icon_ devil::icon_ devil::icon_ devil: Find a NEW girlfriend! :icon_ devil::icon_ devil::icon_ devil: