Existing VZW customers NOT eligible for NE2 and have the Droid?

808droid

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately it only credits the primary line, second lines are not qualified, which in my opinion is unfair. But what helps, is purchasing the phone online instead of instead instore. When we went to the store to look at the phone and ask questions, the $100 rebate would have to be paid up front, then I would have to mail in my receipt, and copy of the USB Code on the carton and wait 6-8 weeks for it back.

I wasn't ready to dish out that extra $200, besides, from my past experience prior to me getting our Razer's 3 yrs ago, I did all that, and still didn't get my $50 back, even after 2 attempts at the counter reporting my problem. So I didn't want to risk it, again.

So, I ordered it online Firday night, got notice it was shipped on Sunday, and received it yesterday, without having to dish out the extra $200, with FREE shipping on top of that....so total savings was $200 instant online rebate w/2yr contract, $50 NE2 credit, and $50 accessarie discount for a total of $300...not bad imo...

So, this DROID is up for a credit in 20 months on the primary, which isn't too bad.

so make sure I understand, were you done with your contract? Or you did this while still under contract.

Already done over a year now, waited for the next big thing and I'm glad I waited!

A

apeshitninja

I added two lines and two Droids... The old phones will just be our backup phones for the next year or so.

PatG

Reaction score
So how much is a droid on a secondary line once you are eligible for a discount?? $199 after rebate?

jbharman45

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that once you are on a family plan, with multiple lines, you can move phones around all you want. As long as you are current on your bill, I have never had a change fee of any kind. Every time I get a new phone on my annual date, the phones flow downhill. Plus, I have a son who looses 2 or 3 a year. Now, I just make him go to Target and buy the pay as you go Verizon phone and then we go to the VZW store and activate it to his number. It's a LOT cheaper than the cheapest phones you can get in the store.

I also worked with Verizon to have two phone on the New Every Year, as my wife also has a Tour with a full data plan. She is an Exec with Target and so we get their corp discount on everything, including accessories also. The one thing I absolutely have not been able to do is get them to bend the 12 month rule for me. It's one year to the day or full retail. On the 25th of this month, I get the Droid for $199 minus $50 + they have offered to take the $100 rebate directly, so net total out of pocket will be $49. But dang, I still have to wait until the 25th!

96accord

Reaction score
she would have to keep the BB and data plan... but you can ad a line, it's gonna cost you about 345 US to close the deal.:motdroidvert:

She doesn't want my BB. She barely even knows how to use her Razr cell phone now lol. It's just really old and slow lol.

I don't know... $345 to get the droid plus $75/month... hmmm... plus the girlfriend having the BB which is $82/month (both prices after taxes).... hmmmm - She needs a cheap phone/plan and not $82/month or a BB :/

:icon_ devil::icon_ devil::icon_ devil: Find a NEW girlfriend! :icon_ devil::icon_ devil::icon_ devil:

ha ha lol good one. Thanks I needed a laugh this morning on this rainy day in Maryland lol :p

qoncept

Reaction score
I got mine for $500 + $50 cash back on ebay. Looks like it would have ended up cheaper to add a line, but it wouldnt have been much cheaper and it would have given my wife fuel to complain for 2 years. :) I did notice Walmart has them for $500.