PSX4Droid => General Discussion

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the zeemote in action is vey interesting... but has that project been abandoned? has it had any success on newer devices?

rushmore

Reaction score
The Playstation Emulator is almost done. the maker of SNesoid confirmed this he has been wokring on this emulator for awhile now. The only problem seems to be the emulator will not load games... but hey its a start. He first wants to finish a cheat app for SNesoid before he put his full effort into completeing the emulator then he will complete the playstation app

"The only problem seems to be the emulator will not load games" CLASSIC! ;)

Seriously though, I love all of the Oid emulators on my G1 and bought them all. No comparison on other phone OS's. Oids are the best :)

I play the heck out of PSX4ALL on my N900 (OC's to 800mhz). Best to pick games that do play fine with basic keyboard. I play shooters like Raiden Project, Gunner's Heaven and Hot Shots Golf with full FPS and sound and play great with the KB! Dead or Alive runs at 60% speed, but they are working on GPU support now.

Crash Racing will not load though :(

Sure wish Android had full MAME support like the N900 has. I have MAME 137.1 running sweet! Tons more games work than the 34/35b based Android version :) Still love the efforts on Android, though :)

Last edited:

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
we have many many good native games on android. not like n900. maemo isnt really popular compared to android. so we dont need the emus so hard. but it would be definately a good addition.

Madvincent

Reaction score
how is it even possible to play the playstation emulator on the droid with these specs........

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you mean with these specs ? The droid has a very very fast gpu. Like i often explained twice as fast as the nexus gpu. And the omap3430 cpu has much power per mhz. A omap3430 at 550 mht is nearly as fast as the n97 arm11 cpu would be with 1ghz. Plus the psx just haves 33mz. Emulation costs a lot of power. But this will definately be no prob. You should read the whole thread before posting.

biggles

Reaction score
how is it even possible to play the playstation emulator on the droid with these specs........

Most folks say it takes 10x the processing power to emulate a console. The psone runs at 34 mhz, while the droid runs at 550 mhz. That implies the droid is 16 times faster than the psone. Another factor influencing how easy it is to emulate a system is how simple the hardware is. The psone is pretty simple hardware, in contrast to the sega saturn which took a lot longer to emulate on the PC.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not only mhz also the cpu architecture is very important. And the cortex a8 is doing very well here. You cant compare the old psone cpu architecture with the new cortex. And if the emu makes use of the gpu we also could see nice texture filterings. Im excited to see this emu.

Million

Reaction score
Ya man, I have so many ps games that I wouldn't mind firing up on the Droid. Played out all my Snes games :/

linkboy

Reaction score
...The only problem seems to be the emulator will not load games...

Hmmm...seems like a big problem for an emulator app...;)

J/K. That would be awesome...especially since S*NY decided not to make the PS3 backwards compatipable. Yes...compatipable.

Except every single PS3 is able to play PS1 games, its PS2 games that the newer ones can't play. The PS3 is using an emulator to play the games.

A PS1 emulator on the Droid would be awesome. I play my PS1 games on my PSP (love that cfw) though.

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
I just received an email from Yhong and its some unfortunate news not the worst but he hasn't been able to work on the emulator because he's been very busy with other stuff. So the release date will probably be pushed back a week or two but I will make sure to give you guys more news next week.

Reaction score
If this comes through I'll have to order 4 more batteries. This way i can play for 24 hours straight lol