Terrible video quality using HDMI cable

Dyelon

Reaction score
I just received my mini-HDMI cable for my new DROID X2. I've been excited to get the damn thing because I'm pumped to play playstation/n64 emulators on my HDTV.

I took it out, plugged it in, and the main screen looks pixelated and crappy. So I load up youtube video in HD, that looks GREAT. Then I load up psx4droid and play crash bandicoot 2. Looks absolutely terrible and lags a bit. So then I try 2 regular droid game apps and those look pixelated and grainy also. My pictures in my "gallery" look nasty too.

Anyone have any tips or anything man? My hdtv can display 1080i at maximum, is 32 inches. I just want apps/games to look decent! At the moment everything except youtube HD videos looks soooooo bad.

Thanks in advance, been lurking for the few days I've had the phone and read alot of helpful things, but this is something I cannot find an answer to anywhere (doesn't help that the phone is so new). If I can just play apps and emulators on my TV with decent quality I will be effing ecstatic! LOL

edit: also, I downloaded and PAID FOR "real hdmi" but it seems to accomplish literally nothing. I don't think its compatible with the X2 (who knows if it will be, the phone natively already has mirroring)

edit2: just tried playing a dvd rip of "The Losers" that looks great on the actual phone, but pixelated on the TV. Same result as everything else.

Last edited:

Cuz97

Reaction score
I just received my MICRO-HDMI cable for my new DROID X2. I've been excited to get the damn thing because I'm pumped to play playstation/n64 emulators on my HDTV.

I took it out, plugged it in, and the main screen looks pixelated and crappy. So I load up youtube video in HD, that looks GREAT. Then I load up psx4droid and play crash bandicoot 2. Looks absolutely terrible and lags a bit. So then I try 2 regular droid game apps and those look pixelated and grainy also. My pictures in my "gallery" look nasty too.

Anyone have any tips or anything man? My hdtv can display 1080i at maximum, is 32 inches. I just want apps/games to look decent! At the moment everything except youtube HD videos looks soooooo bad.

Thanks in advance, been lurking for the few days I've had the phone and read alot of helpful things, but this is something I cannot find an answer to anywhere (doesn't help that the phone is so new). If I can just play apps and emulators on my TV with decent quality I will be effing ecstatic! LOL

edit: also, I downloaded and PAID FOR "real hdmi" but it seems to accomplish literally nothing. I don't think its compatible with the X2 (who knows if it will be, the phone natively already has mirroring)

edit2: just tried playing a dvd rip of "The Losers" that looks great on the actual phone, but pixelated on the TV. Same result as everything else.

the real hdmi is pointless on the X2. I hope you got a refund within the 15min window.

I have a 50" Plasma and do everything from general web browsing , games like angry birds, watch anime streaming from websites and they all look decent to really good on the tv. even the HD movies on Netflix come out pretty clear. I haven't done the emulator from my X2 yet but my Xoom to the tv comes out clear so given the X2 has similar specs to the Xoom it should be the same.

Have you tried playing with the setting on ur tv?

OP
D

Dyelon

Reaction score
I just received my MICRO-HDMI cable for my new DROID X2. I've been excited to get the damn thing because I'm pumped to play playstation/n64 emulators on my HDTV.

the real hdmi is pointless on the X2. I hope you got a refund within the 15min window.

I have a 50" Plasma and do everything from general web browsing , games like angry birds, watch anime streaming from websites and they all look decent to really good on the tv. even the HD movies on Netflix come out pretty clear. I haven't done the emulator from my X2 yet but my Xoom to the tv comes out clear so given the X2 has similar specs to the Xoom it should be the same.

Have you tried playing with the setting on ur tv?

Thanks for responding....

have you tried different apps than angry birds? maybe there's a compatibility aspect with HD-out that needs to be considered...

how does your desktop look? and menus? they look so crappy on my TV =(

OP
D

Dyelon

Reaction score
I tried angry birds...it looks ok. anything that has detailed/small graphics looks ultra blurry. like icons/interfaces/menus

I'm pretty sure the resolution is just WRONG, ya know? it looks like when you hook up a PC to the TV and it automatically picks a really low res.

Any ideas of what to do? Apps that could help? I checked my TV options and theres nothing.

Btw its worth noting that when I press "info" on my TV it says its displaying "720p"

oh and I tried perfect viewer and I looked through some comics. Looked really pixelated and grainy.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dyelon

Reaction score
So I just hooked up the x2 to another HDTV in my house, a 19 inch that also can only go to 1080i. And it displayed it at 720p and looked terrible.

Im starting to worry that if you can't display 1080p the picture quality is just off and bad. grr

I hope someone makes a tweak/app that allows you to manually choose 720p/1080i as the resolution you want to mirror!