HDMI Video - having problems, need help

droidx2010

Reaction score
I took several videos on my new dx, in 720p 50mhz, 60mhz, & normal formats. I'm trying to see them on my tv (Samsung 1080I hd tv)

I got the hdmi cable (from Verizon) hooked up to my tv & to the dx & when i goto gallery & select the video to play, the tv blinks & says "not supported mode". What am I doing wrong, here?

I googled "how to view hdmi on tv from droid x" & got a utube vid on it. It seemed pretty easy, the guy hooked up the cable, selected the video & played.

I hate to think i wasted my $s. Please help.

Last edited:

hauser0310

Reaction score
i am having the same exact problems with my dx but the only difference is i bought my cable off amazon. have you had any luck figuring out the problem?

SStratman

Reaction score
Yea I got my girl an HDMI cable from verizon last weekend and hooked it up to her tv and used gallery to play an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia in .avi format and it actually worked effortlessly HOWEVER it did freeze up after only a few minutes of playback, and so i repeated to see if it would keep doing the same thing and sure enough...it DID
so I went on the market and typed in HDMI and saw the app for making the HDMI output as I think its the crappy android player thats at fault and Rockplayer apparently works with this app so Im going to try out that app and use rockplayer instead and see if that works out better!

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
Yea I got my girl an HDMI cable from verizon last weekend and hooked it up to her tv and used gallery to play an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia in .avi format and it actually worked effortlessly HOWEVER it did freeze up after only a few minutes of playback, and so i repeated to see if it would keep doing the same thing and sure enough...it DID
so I went on the market and typed in HDMI and saw the app for making the HDMI output as I think its the crappy android player thats at fault and Rockplayer apparently works with this app so Im going to try out that app and use rockplayer instead and see if that works out better!
It's not the app. I discovered that when you play the vid on tv you need to have the setting on the "automatic" setting. I had mine set to 720p @ 60Hz or 50Hz. I was told that if you have it on the auto setting, it configures the signal to best fit your phone.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
i am having the same exact problems with my dx but the only difference is i bought my cable off amazon. have you had any luck figuring out the problem?
Yeah - read my comment earlier. You need to have the setting on auto.