Is anyone having probs w/ video to TV?

droidx2010

Reaction score
I was playing some video I took from my X to the TV & it seems to work sporadically. First I got no signal, then I turned the phone off & on again & somehow it started working.
I took some video over the weekend & am trying to play some video and I'm getting a message "Not Supported Video". I can't get any video to play now on tv (have the vid set to 720p 50hz). I have a Sony DLP 1080I.
Can someone help, here?

Tower101

Reaction score
If you live in the US set it to auto or anything 60hz (NTSC) 50hz is (PAL) and not used in the US.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
If you live in the US set it to auto or anything 60hz (NTSC) 50hz is (PAL) and not used in the US.
Man - so much for instructions. I'll try that & see what happens. Will auto automatically set it to 720p?

Tower101

Reaction score
If you set it to auto it "should' send it out at the highest res your TV can support.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
If you set it to auto it "should' send it out at the highest res your TV can support.
That worked,thanks a whole bunch. I find it funny that the Verizon "technical experts" couldn't figure that problem out. They referred me to a motorola number for help, unfortunately, they don't work holidays.

Can you tell me how to download my video from dx to my computer? I used V Cast media manager & it can't find anything to download. Then I cut & pasted to my computer & all I got was video w/out audio.

Do you know of a good way to do this? I want to edit my videos together from my trip.

Tower101

Reaction score
I use windows 7 and when I plug the phone into the computer the X comes up under devices. I then go to browse file - removable storage - dcim - and just drag the vids to my computer.

If you are using xp I can't help as all my computers have been upgraded to 7.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
I use windows 7 and when I plug the phone into the computer the X comes up under devices. I then go to browse file - removable storage - dcim - and just drag the vids to my computer.

If you are using xp I can't help as all my computers have been upgraded to 7.
I'm on Vista. I tried to drag the vids to my computer but, somehow, the audio is missing. Is there something I'm not doing properly? What media application do you use? I think mine defaulted to Windows Movie Maker.