1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is anyone having probs w/ video to TV?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by droidx2010, Sep 5, 2010.

1. droidx2010

droidx2010 New Member

I was playing some video I took from my X to the TV & it seems to work sporadically. First I got no signal, then I turned the phone off & on again & somehow it started working.
    I took some video over the weekend & am trying to play some video and I'm getting a message "Not Supported Video". I can't get any video to play now on tv (have the vid set to 720p 50hz). I have a Sony DLP 1080I.
    Can someone help, here?
  2. Tower101

Tower101 New Member

If you live in the US set it to auto or anything 60hz (NTSC) 50hz is (PAL) and not used in the US.
  3. droidx2010

droidx2010 New Member

Man - so much for instructions. I'll try that & see what happens. Will auto automatically set it to 720p?
  4. Tower101

Tower101 New Member

If you set it to auto it "should' send it out at the highest res your TV can support.
  5. droidx2010

droidx2010 New Member

That worked,thanks a whole bunch. I find it funny that the Verizon "technical experts" couldn't figure that problem out. They referred me to a motorola number for help, unfortunately, they don't work holidays.

Can you tell me how to download my video from dx to my computer? I used V Cast media manager & it can't find anything to download. Then I cut & pasted to my computer & all I got was video w/out audio.

Do you know of a good way to do this? I want to edit my videos together from my trip.
  6. Tower101

Tower101 New Member

I use windows 7 and when I plug the phone into the computer the X comes up under devices. I then go to browse file - removable storage - dcim - and just drag the vids to my computer.

If you are using xp I can't help as all my computers have been upgraded to 7.
  7. droidx2010

droidx2010 New Member

I'm on Vista. I tried to drag the vids to my computer but, somehow, the audio is missing. Is there something I'm not doing properly? What media application do you use? I think mine defaulted to Windows Movie Maker.