PSX4Droid - Playstation Emulator - Now Available on Market [DF Exclusive]

cinciredsfan10

Reaction score
well i bought the emulator and it is stuck at the authorizing purchase screen and has been since yesterday. I'm anxious to play it but it just won't go through. any ideas on how to fix this?

Droidarola

Reaction score
finally got past the authorization problem to downlaod PSX. I'm home right now with the old bag of playstation games i have had for years sitting in the closet, LEGALLY putting it onto my computer and dragging it onto my droid, oh man this is so awesome, FF7, who remembers Galerians, mega man x5 and x4, and grand turismo, blasto and so on

mandrew909

Reaction score
How would you play these PSOne games? The PlayStation controller has so many buttons.

There's an option to sync up your Wii remore via bluetooth :)

Yeah but that is still no where near enough buttons to fully play the game. We need to be able to sync a PS3 controller instead.
Wii: 7 buttons including D-pad, 10 including nunchuck.
PSOne: 9 buttons classic, 13 including analog & L3/R3
Some games just won't be fully operational.

you can make it work with a GameGripper.

Big Lou

Reaction score
The game gripper is amazing for this emulator. The only problem is the lack of an R2 button. The volume - / + work great as L1 and L2, and the camera focus works great for R1... but there's not a second button on the right side!

jrodizkool01

Reaction score
Is there anything wrong with downloading ROMS of the games that you already own? I remember reading somewhere that as long as you own the games yourself there is nothing wrong with getting the ROMS. I bought a bunch of ps1 games when the ps1 was very popular but the majority of them are not at my house. Besides, why bother to go through all the trouble and rip the ROM when you're getting the same thing by downloading it?

Also, will there be a trial version of this like how there is a trial of all the other emulators for android (snes/nes/genesis etc.)? I don't have a credit card myself and if I used the logic that "oh a couple dollars isn't so bad" for every game/software without a trial then I'd be broke by now :icon_eek:. I like to try out everything before I purchase it to make sure that the app is a keeper.

ThinWhiteDuke

Reaction score
Quick Walkthrough

Hello everyone, new to droid, but have been using emulators for about a year or two. Just got the Droid X, and loving it. This PSX emulator runs extremely well on my phone, although I've only played FF7. No lag whatsoever yet, very surprising. If anybody needs help with getting the emulator to work, it's actually quite simple.

1. Retrieve a BIOS file for the emulator. The name of this file should be scph1001.bin. Search this on google, you're sure to find something. If one doesn't work, try another.

2. Download your ROMS you want. There's a list of supported filetypes in the App description, so make sure your ROM is in that format. To retrieve ROMs, there are multiple ways. You can use a torrent downloader, and search a torrent site. I would reccomend this for any multiple disc game, such as Final Fantasy, RPGs, etc. You can also download the games from various ROM downloading websites.

3. Finally, put these files all together in a single folder to which you will be able to have access once you run PSX4Droid. Either use an SD card, etc, not sure how this would be done on all android phones, as I'm very new.

4. Finally, go into the app, and go to the app menu, and his the BIOS button, and find the spch1001.bin file you downloaded and placed in a folder with your ROMs earlier. Select it, then go back into the same folder, select your ROM, and it should run.

Now, for this all to be legal, you must own a PS1, along with a hard copy of the ROM you downloaded. Although I would've done this anyways, I actually do still have my PSX, along with all my Final Fantasy games (1&2, 4, 5&6, 7, 8, 9, Tactics). But whatever, I'm not here to lecture you on the morality of this, blah blah blah.

So hope this helped! And if you have any more questions, feel free to send me an email at [email protected]. Thanks, have a good one :)

ThinWhiteDuke

Reaction score
Okay, one more update, so I don't mislead. There is problems with some overlapping text. No big deal, still readable. Also, sound lags behind the corresponding action in the game, but I really don't care much for actual sound effects just music, so it works out fine for me. Finally, there is a slight amount of lag, for example when walking with Cloud, the main character, the background moved in a sluggish manner. All in all it plays unbelievably well, and is really not that much worse than when I played FF7 on my PSP Go.

Hexus

Reaction score
I can't get it working for the life of me. I've tried several different roms, applied the "market fix" have the correct BIOS file, etc...
I choose a rom and then it just kind of flashes and then goes right back to the "choose rom" screen. It won't actually load any rom file I try.
I'm running CM6 RC2. Any other suggestions?

El Zo1212o

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal- I have the original Moto Droid. I'm trying to run Metal Gear Solid. I get the Konami logo, and the title screen, but once I select a difficulty, the screen goes blank- the on screen controls are still there, but nothing happens on screen.

I'll admit to being a total techno-noob: you guys are talking about market flashes and chevy chuck 1.1s, and my brain starts leaking out my ears. Am I beyond help? Possibly, depending on how involved the fix is, but I'm dying to lay my hands on my old psx games here on my phone. Anyone willing and able to lend a hand?

Big Lou

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal- I have the original Moto Droid. I'm trying to run Metal Gear Solid. I get the Konami logo, and the title screen, but once I select a difficulty, the screen goes blank- the on screen controls are still there, but nothing happens on screen.

I'll admit to being a total techno-noob: you guys are talking about market flashes and chevy chuck 1.1s, and my brain starts leaking out my ears. Am I beyond help? Possibly, depending on how involved the fix is, but I'm dying to lay my hands on my old psx games here on my phone. Anyone willing and able to lend a hand?

From my own experience and research, it doesn't seem Metal Gear Solid works at this time.

neoj2

Reaction score
I can't get it working for the life of me. I've tried several different roms, applied the "market fix" have the correct BIOS file, etc...
I choose a rom and then it just kind of flashes and then goes right back to the "choose rom" screen. It won't actually load any rom file I try.

Try looking at the Forums Page then scroll down to droid games.
Its pretty simple. Download 7zip (google it) from its website and pick the one that for your computer (32 or 64 bit).

After that download ecm100 (google again) and unizip it. When you unzip it and look inside the ecm100 folder there should be a screen icon that says "unecm and ecm". Just keep the unecm in mind.

Just download a rom from say doperoms.com it'll be in a .zip format. Unzip it so that its just a normal folder. Inside that folder there should be a data.bin.ecm file. drag that to the unecm and itll automatically convert it to a bin file which is what the psx picks up.

rename to whatever and get rid of the rest if you want. And presto it should work

neoj2

Reaction score

Try looking at the Forums Page then scroll down to droid games.
Its pretty simple. Download 7zip (google it) from its website and pick the one that for your computer (32 or 64 bit).

After that download ecm100 (google again) and unizip it. When you unzip it and look inside the ecm100 folder there should be a screen icon that says "unecm and ecm". Just keep the unecm in mind.

EDIT--Just download a rom from say doperoms.com it'll be in a .zip format. Unzip it so that its just a normal folder. Inside that folder there will be a .7z file, unzip it again. Inside that folder there should be a data.bin.ecm file. drag that to the unecm and itll automatically convert it to a bin file which is what the psx picks up.

rename to whatever and get rid of the rest if you want. And presto it should work

sorry i cant seem to edit my previous post.

Hexus

Reaction score
I've tried it with .bin'ss, .iso's and .img's

I can see the roms and select them in the emu, it just won't load them. I press which rom I want to load, the screen goes black for a second then it just goes back to the select rom screen.