PSX4Droid => General Discussion

Riddick

Reaction score
well buttons we have enaugh :D. we have qwerty and dpad. but poor nexus users :D. but gran turismo, crash bandicoot, final fantasy, resident evil, tekken, gta2, star fighter and so on would be great on the go.

Yeah we DO have enough buttons on the Droid with the keyboard but for me I'd be more comfortable only playing certain types of games. Crash Bandicoot is one of those games I'm referring to that would work well. RPG's like Final Fantasy would work well too. I wouldn't use it for Tekken though. :)

rushmore

Reaction score
Will the droid be powerful enough to run this?

N900 runs Raiden Project, Gunners Heaven and Hot Shots Golf smooth with sound (mine is 125-800mhz OC). Even before OC, all three games played fairly smooth with sound. This performance is WITHOUT gpu support, so would only get much better if it had it.

N900 and Droid have same chipsets.

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to keep you up to date here so i will email the developer today i email him once a week just to hear whats going on

ClausG76

Reaction score
Hello rushmore
Do you own both the droid and the N900. In case you do. How do they compare, when it comes to controling the games in the emus. There is no d-pad on the N900, but the buttons looks bigger
Thanks

gwlaw99

Reaction score
With the Game Gripper. Playing ps1 games will be a lot easier now.

Ataranine

Reaction score
I'd much rather see an N64 Emulator.. if those dudes can get it working on that crappy iPhone, we can get it on our Droids!
But yea I'll be patiently awaiting a PSX emulator.

Big Lou

Reaction score
The Droid + Game Gripper would make a PERFECT N64 emulator. Take a look at what I mean:

droid64.jpg

You can bind volume +/- as L and Z, and camera as R. Additionally, a PSX setup should be equally as easy.

Ataranine

Reaction score
The Droid + Game Gripper would make a PERFECT N64 emulator. Take a look at what I mean:

droid64.jpg

You can bind volume +/- as L and Z, and camera as R. Additionally, a PSX setup should be equally as easy.
A joystick would be better. And the B and A etc. buttons would be better placed on the right side of the pad.

Diordna

Reaction score
I bought my game gripper today and I REALLY hope it makes great for playing those silly emulators.
lol

It freaking better! 20 dollars never seen again for this plastic that just pushes the buttons, hoping to god it does great things and makes life a lot easier lol

Big Lou

Reaction score
I bought my game gripper today and I REALLY hope it makes great for playing those silly emulators.
lol

It freaking better! 20 dollars never seen again for this plastic that just pushes the buttons, hoping to god it does great things and makes life a lot easier lol
Trust me, playing with and without the Game Gripper is like night and day. Just being able to play games like Mario RPG and Street Fighter without much fuss is more than worth it. Heck, even standard platformers like Super Mario World is lightyears better.

A PSX or N64 emulator, in my opinion, would be incredibly gimmicky without the added functionality of the Game Gripper. You really wouldn't be able to play these games without it.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
well if the ipad users can play it well without any keys i dont really think that we need a game gripper. we have keys, touchscreen and accelereometer. i dont really like the idea carry an extra thing with me all the time just to play some games. and it might sound a bit stupid. but i play the most time in the bus or in my pause at work. and the people sure would think im a bit braindead if i put such a plastic thing out of my pocket and put it over my mobile :D.

Big Lou

Reaction score
Yeah, to be completely honest, everyone I've shown the Game Gripper to is very impressed... and I'm talking about people who aren't geeks either. I guarantee you that controls will be frustrating without such a peripheral for such complex controls.

solar

Reaction score
The game gripper is going to be cool. I don't have mine yet, but I can definetey see the use. I'll just keep it in my computer bag anyway, which goes wherever I go. I don't need to have it in my pocket. :icon_ banana:

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I played a lot psx emu on my old mda 3 and touch diamond. Well and gta, tekken, gran turismo and aliens were really good to play for me. Depends if you use digital or analogue controls of psx pad.