PSX4Droid => General Discussion

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
quoting from his page

"I’ve never actually ported anything before so this is more of a hobby for me than anything else."

doesnt sound that it comes very soon to me.

Mawnee

Reaction score
Will the droid be powerful enough to run this?

Easily. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the PSx was only a 33Mhz cpu. The Driod has 550Mhz(+) CPU and thats not even taking into consideration that the architecture of the CPU makes it more powerful per Mhz.

Last edited:

Big Lou

Reaction score
Personally, I'd much rather have an N64 emulator, but I guess I'll take what I can get. I've never actually played on a PlayStation 1, I guess I shall research some good games.

toddj

Reaction score
Personally, I'd much rather have an N64 emulator, but I guess I'll take what I can get. I've never actually played on a PlayStation 1, I guess I shall research some good games.
Woah that's a rarity :) Some of the best games I've ever played were PS1. But i'm a big rpg fan. Looking forward to a more portable option to play final fantasy * on. my psp fat is just too much for me to carry around on top of my ipod and droid.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
dont be to excited he says very often that he isnt a programer expert and that it will take long time. we will see yong zangs version earlier then this. but it doesnt matter who program it the important thing is that we finally get one :).

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I have a lot of doubts.

What makes people think a PS1 emulator will be worth it? The (stock) Droid is barely capable of running GBA games, and most of them are laggy/jumpy. I highly doubt playing PlayStation games will be a pleasant experience.

People are talking about the MHz comparison between the PS1 and the Droid ARM+GPU, but the architectures are completely different. On paper, my desktop far out-performs the PS2 but translating its parallel architecture is difficult and resource-intensive for an x86 system. As a result, PS2 emulation is laggy, sometimes with missing textures, strange colors, and incomplete compatibility.

All this in addition to the fact that a lack of joystick/shoulder buttons will cripple the gaming experience. The Droid may have a physical keyboard, but it's a terrible one.

We all want our Droids to be able to do everything. But we might have to accept the fact that it can't.

madmacabre

Reaction score
I have a lot of doubts.

What makes people think a PS1 emulator will be worth it? The (stock) Droid is barely capable of running GBA games, and most of them are laggy/jumpy. I highly doubt playing PlayStation games will be a pleasant experience.

People are talking about the MHz comparison between the PS1 and the Droid ARM+GPU, but the architectures are completely different. On paper, my desktop far out-performs the PS2 but translating its parallel architecture is difficult and resource-intensive for an x86 system. As a result, PS2 emulation is laggy, sometimes with missing textures, strange colors, and incomplete compatibility.

All this in addition to the fact that a lack of joystick/shoulder buttons will cripple the gaming experience. The Droid may have a physical keyboard, but it's a terrible one.

We all want our Droids to be able to do everything. But we might have to accept the fact that it can't.

not sure of what games you are playing but my droid plays gba games flawlessly

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of doubts.

bull****. i have many contacts with the most important developers. the droid sure does have enaugh power for ps1 emu and even for n64 emulator too. you will see :). zod is working on it actually. and the other guy too. but hey, if its finnished you dont have to play it. cause you told us it dont work :D.

btw : i play mario kart wii on my pc on the dolphin wii emulator with 25 fp/s :). and i dont have probs with the gba emu either. gta advance runs just fine so baldurs gate do also. and mortal kombat advance no problem. no lagging. on my stock milestone. if the devs program the emu right that they can use the full power of our gpu / cpu it doesnt have any probs. optimizing is the hard thing. but we have now enaugh experienced devs here. so it sure will be a success. you will see.

Riddick

Reaction score
I have a lot of doubts.

The droid plays GBA games fine.

Most Playstation games will suck on the droid though but it will be useful for certain games. The SNES/NES/Gamboy systems are perfect for the droid because those games only used a few buttons and you can download their entire libraries to your SDcard.

Playstation games require more resources and are played with more buttons. Some games translate fine to using only a few buttons on a tiny screen while others don't. If we were to get a working Playstation emulator I'd only use it to play a few different games.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
well buttons we have enaugh :D. we have qwerty and dpad. but poor nexus users :D. but gran turismo, crash bandicoot, final fantasy, resident evil, tekken, gta2, star fighter and so on would be great on the go.