PSX4Droid => General Discussion

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is if Yhong Zang doesnt finish the emulator before june he will probably call it quits because he has been working on it for awhile.

hope he dont. cause to be honest ... i think zod is cheating us. im really angry on him actually. but i just talk about it if im 100% sure.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem is if Yhong Zang doesnt finish the emulator before june he will probably call it quits because he has been working on it for awhile.

hope he dont. cause to be honest ... i think zod is cheating us. im really angry on him actually. but i just talk about it if im 100% sure.
Please expand? I was pretty excited about new he might be working on Android apps. Is this not true? :(

And Yay for PS emu I want to play Soul Blade lol

BTW how big are PS games?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Psx is very very old system from 1996. You dont have to oc your droid for a emulation of it.for n64 it would make sense cause n64 has 64 bit and 66mhz. But psx just has 33mhz and 32 bit. The 3430 haves much power per mhz. The cortex a8 nearly doubles the speed of an arm11 for example. The 550 mhz droid with cortex a8 is as fast as a n97 nokia would be with a 1ghz arm11.

I'm not sure I believe this to be true, consider the fact that when running certain games, even the SNES emulator can have framerate issues on a non-OCed Droid. It is a much bigger feat to emulate the PSX's MIPS R3000 chipset.

And FYI, the N64's processor is a NEC VR4300 (low-cost derivative of the MIPS R4300i) clocked at 93.75MHz.

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
Psx is very very old system from 1996. You dont have to oc your droid for a emulation of it.for n64 it would make sense cause n64 has 64 bit and 66mhz. But psx just has 33mhz and 32 bit. The 3430 haves much power per mhz. The cortex a8 nearly doubles the speed of an arm11 for example. The 550 mhz droid with cortex a8 is as fast as a n97 nokia would be with a 1ghz arm11.

I'm not sure I believe this to be true, consider the fact that when running certain games, even the SNES emulator can have framerate issues on a non-OCed Droid. It is a much bigger feat to emulate the PSX's MIPS R3000 chipset.

And FYI, the N64's processor is a NEC VR4300 (low-cost derivative of the MIPS R4300i) clocked at 93.75MHz.

Yes I understand your doubts im just relaying what Zhang Yhong told me if its wrong well that sucks.

muggus

Reaction score
would an emulator be able to play games with multiple discs like final fantasy 7, that would be the ultimate time killer

goinskiing

Reaction score
I hope a good PSX emulator comes to fruition, especially one able to play FF7.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

on the n64 part youre right. and dont know why you have framreate issues on non oced droid with snes. i play GTA advance on my none oced milestone without any probs with GBA emu :). trust me. the power vr sgx is a highend gpu. carlo is game developer and develops many many years games for iphone and now for android. he knows the devices. he is a technic freak and programer. read on our droidblog the interview with hyperdevbox. carlo (the ceo of hyperdevbox - the exzeus makers) told me here the true power of our gpu.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score

A lot of times you see slow downs because of emulation. I have played emulators on my computer that have frame rate issues, even though I have a quad core 2.4ghz box. It isn't that the host computer (or phone) isn't capable, it's just that the code that makes the games thing my computer is a PlayStation aren't doing a 100% job. The same goes for when you see an emulator in development and it is fast but the sound is screwy. Our phone is powerful enough, it just depends how easy it is to make it work right.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
gardaborus YES this is of course a important point too.

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
WOW now Yongzh has just finished his snesoid update that he wanted to finish! this is huge because he told me that all his focus will now be placed on the playstation one emulator so we might see it in 2 weeks. thats my own ETA not his I'm not making any promises.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
would be nice indeed :). i will write in this week a little article about zodttd. you can make your own opionion after reading it.

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
He just emailed me back he is working on the playstation emulator now

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
im in contact now with him too. hes really busy and working hard good sign :).