PSX4Droid => General Discussion

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
soooo. right now i came from a chat with zod. a week ago there were some problems with the speed of the emulator. but zod managed it to got it much faster and much more compatible. he also added eboot support (a special image file format what is used also for the psx emu on the psp).

he also means frameskip doesnt give much speed and results in graphic glitches. so frameskip will just work in some games and some parts of it. he confirmed the iso download option. it redirects you in a google search for psx isos. but of course you have to own the games you use. in a few hours he will have a new build version and testing it on his device.

.... LOL great news maybe we will see it this week?!

CrusoeCale

Reaction score
soooo. right now i came from a chat with zod. a week ago there were some problems with the speed of the emulator. but zod managed it to got it much faster and much more compatible. he also added eboot support (a special image file format what is used also for the psx emu on the psp).

he also means frameskip doesnt give much speed and results in graphic glitches. so frameskip will just work in some games and some parts of it. he confirmed the iso download option. it redirects you in a google search for psx isos. but of course you have to own the games you use. in a few hours he will have a new build version and testing it on his device.

Can't wait to see a release and give this bad boy a go. I loved Zod's work on the iPhone and iPod Touch.

droid-face

Reaction score
Hes testing on a Nexus right?
If he can hit full speed on a nexus, no worries for droid users

Taegost

Reaction score
re: PSX4Droid => General Discussion

how can it be?
i thought that the Nexus has a 1GHz CPU and the Droid a 550 MHz CPU if it isnt overclocked

Yeah, I think he's got that backwards. If it works on a Droid, Nexus users would have no worries.

Not necessarily, the Droid has a far superior gpu... This would be cool though... Time to get a32g sd card!

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i already told that the psx emu dont have a gpu support. so JUST the cpu is here important.

CrusoeCale

Reaction score
yeah emulators run mostly off the CPU

Even so, If it runs nearly as well as the iPhone/iTouch version, it should be playable on the Droid without GPU, I think. I was running Wipeout and Crash Bandicoot on my first gen iTouch at playable speeds, so it's gotta be decent on an overclocked Droid.

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
Went ahead and sent an email to Yong. I will make sure to give you guys an update later tonight or tomorrow!

droid-face

Reaction score
The Droid has a dedicated GPU and is more powerful than the adreno graphics chip on the snapdragon processor.
This is why the Droid generally out performs the nexus in 3d gaming and graphics (apart from that 3d benchmark.)
Why do you think Quake 3 runs at around 50 GPS on a Droid, while on my nexus using 2.2 I get roughly 20 Fps and it drops under 10 in high activity areas.
Therefore if its working on a nexus, it will work better on a Droid.

Edit: Sorry about that, I was clearly wrong. Oops... Didn't know emulation relied on CPU.

Last edited:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
nope, i stand by what I said.
The Droid has a dedicated GPU and is more powerful than the adreno graphics chip on the snapdragon processor.
This is why the Droid generally out performs the nexus in 3d gaming and graphics (apart from that 3d benchmark.)
Why do you think Quake 3 runs at around 50 GPS on a Droid, while on my nexus using 2.2 I get roughly 20 Fps and it drops under 10 in high activity areas.
Therefore if its working on a nexus, it will work better on a Droid.

But the GPU has nothing to do with this emulator...

aayoo

Reaction score
I believe(and purely speculate) a droid user overclocked with a kernal at or above 1GHz should fare pretty well against this emulator. I'm currently running a 1.2GHz.

foxtrot21aplha

Reaction score
Will we ever get a psp or n64 emulator for androids???...but i guess having playstation emu. Is one small step for man we have yet to see one giant leap for droidkind! Cant wait to see how playstation Emulators run on a droid. :))