PSX4Droid => General Discussion

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
Ha ha so it's ok to pirate the games to play on the emulator but it's not ok to actually pirate the app itself? Doesn't make sense, just thought that was kinda funny. I'll be buying this app when it comes out. The PSX was a great gaming console.

demon69120

Reaction score
All honesty, I don't see anything wrong with pirating PS1, N64, SNES, or any of these old roms. Devs don't really make bank off of titles from a console 10 years ago anymore. It's a pain to hunt them down now a days, and even more to rip the rom and get it to your phone.

Pirating the app, or games for your newer consoles is a different story ;).

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
wrong. look for example in the store of the nintendo wii. here you can buy older titles from snes, nes and so on. even n64 games for the wii emulator. nintendo is still making money with older games.

Siel

Reaction score
Not sure if it can be posted but.... where are guys gonna get your roms?

jrodizkool01

Reaction score
There isnt anything wrong with downloading the games from online. It's much easier than figuring out how to scan the image of the game and besides, I have a bunch of psx games I purchased used that are so scratched up in the back that they seldom worked when I played them on my ps2. Besides, the only place where I have seen large collections of games for ps1, gameboy color, snes etc has been on ebay or at flea markets and they sell these games in large bundles for only a couple of dollars. The profits are going directly to them (unless you want to count the tax they pay to the owner of the market area to have their shop there).

droid-face

Reaction score
Ok.
I didn't mean pirating ROMS.
I meant people pirating Zodttd's work which is a complete waste of his time. That's where Yong comes in.
People are already aware of his emulators, each with >50,000 downloads (free and paid) and will therefore pay to support.

Om nom nom cant wait for the better things to come for Android!

bobdude5

Reaction score
Ok.
I meant people pirating Zodttd's work which is a complete waste of his time. That's where Yong comes in.
People are already aware of his emulators, each with >50,000 downloads (free and paid) and will therefore pay to support.

wow do you guys realize that yongzh is probably a millionaire..each app sells for like 5 bucks times like 100,000 for each

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
Wow i never knew the iphone 3gs got 200 FPS... But i read an article that the android emulator is performing better but... I have a feeling that that is defiantly not true..60 FPS is a huge feat and even for as great as developers yongzh and zodttd are i truly doubt that they could be so far... but it is possible i guess heres where i read the link: PSX emulator for Android by ZodTTD in the works|PMP Today

bobdude5

Reaction score
Wow i never knew the iphone 3gs got 200 FPS... But i read an article that the android emulator is performing better but... I have a feeling that that is defiantly not true..60 FPS is a huge feat and even for as great as developers yongzh and zodttd are i truly doubt that they could be so far... but it is possible i guess heres where i read the link: PSX emulator for Android by ZodTTD in the works|PMP Today

200 fps?? do you mean 20??

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I already wrote this with the 60 fps a few days ago in our droidblog. Sometimes i ask myself if the people here read the own forum blog *laugh*. And i also think you meand 20 not 200 fps.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok.

wow do you guys realize that yongzh is probably a millionaire..each app sells for like 5 bucks times like 100,000 for each

LOL touché

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
never thought about it but could be true. i wish i could program too. but i definately suck at this :D.

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score

I already wrote this with the 60 fps a few days ago in our droidblog. Sometimes i ask myself if the people here read the own forum blog *laugh*. And i also think you meand 20 not 200 fps.

no i mean 225 well thats what this article says... Which i have no reason not to believe it, thats why i posted this because i have trouble believing it:
iPhone 3G S video demoes Playstation, Game Boy Advance gaming prowess|PMP Today

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
its definately possible. iphone just haves a 480x320 resoloution and the droids resoloution is 2 1/2 higher with 854x480. also the psx emu on the iphone runs just in qvga cause the half screen is used for the controls. means the iphone haves about 5,3 times less pixels to render.

76.800 iphone psx emu
409.920 droid psx emu in fullscreen.

edit : ok. i took a look at the android psx emu screens again. seems to be its only half of the screen used. but well still 2,6 more times to calculate for the droid. i think we could reach 100 fps too sooner or later.

Last edited: