PSX4Droid => General Discussion

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
Mustang do you know if the device there using has froyo installed in it or not?

Groffy77

Reaction score
Mustang do you know if the device there using has froyo installed in it or not?

No, it is only running 2.1.. and I was the one that posted the link, not Mustang, so I don't see why he all the sudden knows everything.

"@reidspottswood Yeah it's higher, but it still needs some work. I'm wondering if the froyo ROM will help it out." via Twitter from @zodttd

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
Last edited:

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
you was posting the link ok. groffy.

but i know zod a long long time since his palm pda emus. about 7 years ago. so i decided to contact him and ask him for supporting the android community. so i made the petition which zod finally brought in our boat. and i am the one who told the community every little piece of news of the development.

the point why i dont got this news exclusive now was that im not very often in twitter and i didnt saw what zod postet. without zod and yong no psx emu. but without the petition no zod and yong :). i joined many many many android communitys just to ask them for supporting the petition. thanks for posting the link, buti was busy with writing with zod at this time. and in our droidblog are some new intersting fact cause of this.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont want my name in the articles. its enaugh that my favorite community here (besides my own forum :D) know what ive done. and ive done not that much, im just a mobile gamer and wanted some emus for my device :D. ZOD and YONG does the emu. and we should thank them for the great great work :).

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
mustang, your humility is admirable. i think we all just want the same thing... PSX on our phones! and we as a community are in it together!

zodttd

Reaction score
MustangGT500 does deserve a ton of credit for his motivation. He got me to buy a Nexus One (two infact heh) and get working on PSX/N64/VLC with the petitiononline! Definitely won't go unnoticed, thanks! :)

droid-face

Reaction score
MustangGT500 does deserve a ton of credit for his motivation. He got me to buy a Nexus One (two infact heh) and get working on PSX/N64/VLC with the petitiononline! Definitely won't go unnoticed, thanks! :)

+1
Also love to say thanks zodttd for your work. Can't wait for this one to come out. I'm downloading some ROMS now in anticipation for it's release.

Can I request a copy protection being put on the app?
I'd hate for so much work from such a talented dev to go to waste when the emulator will pop up in warez sites. It frustrates me so much that people show no remorse when downloading paid apps for free. I'd hate to see psx4droid be such a flop if everyone pirates it.

Its so discouraging for a dev when this happens. I'd hate to see it happen to you because I'm sure the Android community would live for you to continue with your work.

Looking forward to PSX and future releases!

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah pirating sucks. a good soloution to be on the save side is for example to release an ap supported version. this would cause less warez downloads i think and still gives the devs money.

Groffy77

Reaction score
I apologize for being rude before -- was having a bad day.

On another topic, the warez will happen no matter what. It even happens with free apps which is ridiculous. I would just suggest ignoring the piracy and having a paid version and limited free version (that doesn't save game states like all the other emulators). It would be nice to stop piracy but I think it just would be too difficult, considering there's people that hack the apps to get rid of protection.