PSX4Droid => General Discussion

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
its definately possible. iphone just haves a 480x320 resoloution and the droids resoloution is 2 1/2 higher with 854x480. also the psx emu on the iphone runs just in qvga cause the half screen is used for the controls. means the iphone haves about 5,3 times less pixels to render.

76.800 iphone psx emu
409.920 droid psx emu in fullscreen.

edit : ok. i took a look at the android psx emu screens again. seems to be its only half of the screen used. but well still 2,6 more times to calculate for the droid. i think we could reach 100 fps too sooner or later.

Alright thanks thats what i wanted to know thanks mustang

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
LOL just had a dream that playstation emulator came out today.... lol fail

foxtrot21aplha

Reaction score
Can't wait for psx emulator they did great job on others would look cool on moto droid. Glad I got game gripper lookin forward to it!!...:motdroidhoriz:

hanfeitzu02

Reaction score
Do we know what format the games need to be in? I have ripped my FF7 discs to .iso files. Will that work? Also, I have seen the iphone version can use wiimote? Will this version? How about a ps3 controller?

Thanks.

loophole

Reaction score
is it about done yet? been almost done for over 2 months now lol ;) .... really want some ff7 at work hehe

Mawnee

Reaction score
Are we there yet? are we there yet?

Cant wait! :)

Do we know what format the games need to be in? I have ripped my FF7 discs to .iso files. Will that work? ......

Good question! I'd like to get a head start ripping mine. I still have my original FF7, FF8, GT1 and GT2 discs :)

Last edited:

ClausG76

Reaction score
Maybe it would be the same as the iphone and N900 versions. Whatever that is

droid-face

Reaction score
Zod said in this thread that you will be able to download the .iso files from inside the app where there will be an option.

Otherwise any .iso will do, from the internet or ripped from your disc.

WHEN WILL THIS BE DONEEEEE ARGHHHHHH

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
today i will write with zod and hope i can give you some good news.

moot

Reaction score
today i will write with zod and hope i can give you some good news.

Really looking forward to an update! Can't wait to play FF7 on my commute. Hope it runs ok on my 2.1 stock droid. :)

Thanks for keeping us updated!

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
soooo. right now i came from a chat with zod. a week ago there were some problems with the speed of the emulator. but zod managed it to got it much faster and much more compatible. he also added eboot support (a special image file format what is used also for the psx emu on the psp).

he also means frameskip doesnt give much speed and results in graphic glitches. so frameskip will just work in some games and some parts of it. he confirmed the iso download option. it redirects you in a google search for psx isos. but of course you have to own the games you use. in a few hours he will have a new build version and testing it on his device.