Problems with 3G data? Don't hard reset, read this first!

toddriffic

Reaction score
Thank you so very much! I lost my data connection after connecting to my wi-fi. This did the trick! :)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
can this be changed back with the same method?

and has anybody noticed this change greatly affecting the switch between 4g and 3g?

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the voice and data will still work after choosing this,

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the voice and data will still work after choosing this,

at the same time over 3G? it sounds like probably not since it's switching back to the older version... just a guess though!

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That't what I am thinking......Resetting my sim made mine work so I think I'll just stay like I am...I like having the ability to surf and talk at the same time.....

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like having the ability to surf and talk at the same time.....

Aren't you worried about dropping the phone in the water, or hitting someone else?

:p

... bad joke

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No cause I use Yahoo messenger and the front camera I can see where I am going....

fishfood

Reaction score
That't what I am thinking......Resetting my sim made mine work so I think I'll just stay like I am...I like having the ability to surf and talk at the same time.....

Resetting your SIM? How do you do that? Tech support? Is that what that other post was referring to, with the PRL and such? Don't want to start duplicating threads but the questions I was going to ask in the other thread were addressed in this one, so I figured this is the place to be!

k0nahbear

Reaction score
i was having issues with the data yesterday, there is a known and open ticket internal to vzn with the TB not getting 3g\4g or any data for that matter. a factory reset corrected my issues, whether they were intermittent or consistent. prl number has to do with the nationwide and hybrid networks. 1500x should be the prl, 1300x or hybrid is for customers that are using acquired Alltel cel towers hence the hybrid term. the tech i spoke to yesterday ensured the prl is actually acquired when the device boots and doesnt have any relevance to the data issues we are all facing. its just buggy vzn and the 4g\Thunderbolt integration and should smooth out as the life of the technology progresses.

jawa6969

Reaction score
i was having issues with the data yesterday, there is a known and open ticket internal to vzn with the TB not getting 3g\4g or any data for that matter. a factory reset corrected my issues, whether they were intermittent or consistent. prl number has to do with the nationwide and hybrid networks. 1500x should be the prl, 1300x or hybrid is for customers that are using acquired Alltel cel towers hence the hybrid term. the tech i spoke to yesterday ensured the prl is actually acquired when the device boots and doesnt have any relevance to the data issues we are all facing. its just buggy vzn and the 4g\Thunderbolt integration and should smooth out as the life of the technology progresses.

I keep reading folks having success with the hard reset. It was actually stated to me by a tech (1st level) yesterday that a hard reset may be the end fix for this so to back up my stuff. My question is, I rooted this thing. If I hard reset, other then data, will I loose root? How does all this play into flashing roms? If I hard reset and then flash a custom rom, am I back to square 1? How is a hard rest fixing the 4g in and out issue? Cause when my 4g icon goes out, all data stops.

BigJ52

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this information. I was going nuts!

wingdo

Reaction score
Awesome! I set this back to EDVO-revA and now when I switch off 4G I can connect up to the VZW repeaters in my building!!!!!! Full bars again!

fishfood

Reaction score

Spoke to two different techs today, on two different occasions, who told me exactly the same thing. Granted, it's frustrating as hell because for the moment my OG Droid can do consistently do things that my TB can only do intermittently... I mentioned this to the tech, stating that I'd probably be better off in the short term switching back into my OG Droid for consistent data signal, and the tech actually agreed... :icon_evil:

sxb101029

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]All, I am new to this forum, but have been reading it on occasions, lots of valuable discussions:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This past weekend I bought TB, it was a blast in 4g, but it would have no signal (no data) beyond the 4g area. Not even 3g or 1x, this is north of Dallas-Fort Worth area. I did replace the phone once at the store, but no luck, they were very stingy on getting the new sim. I have returned the phone for now, & will make another purchase once this thing gets settled. I have been with techs many many times at VZN, & they do not have any estimated time to correct this.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I am back on my old Mo-Dr.
[/FONT]