Problems with 3G data? Don't hard reset, read this first!

MrKleen

Reaction score
It is corrected. Sadly the idiots at the store don't know how to help you.

My data is now flawless. 4g and 3g... A couple days ago I was upset like you.

leo67

Reaction score
As I am sure many of you have noticed 3G data is down on your Thunderbolts. As I have discovered from some talks with Verizon techs the reason for this is that Verizon's eHPRD 3G network is down right now. This is the specialized 3G network used only on the Thunderbolt and supports voice and data at the same time and faster 3G/4G switching. Until this is fixed you can manually fix this by dialing ##778# and hitting send in your dialer. Password is 000000. This will take you to your programming screen. Go to modem settings and then Rev A, change it to enabled and then hit the menu button on your phone and commit the changes. It will tell you to reboot and the problem will be fixed as you will now use the standard Rev A 3G networked used on all other Verizon 3G devices and of course if you have 4G it will use that if its available.

There is no need to do a hard reset. Basically when you first set up the phone it automatically provisions this setting based on whether or not eHPRD is available in your area which is why when you hard reset it fixes the problem for people as the phone will then automatically change this setting to Rev A enabled since eHPRD is down.

Obviously once Verizon fixes this issue you will want to change this setting back unless of course Verizon is able to push this change out to all of the phones when the problem is fixed.

Any word yet as to when this special 3g for the TH is going to b up and running
Or just go and do the rev a or hard reset route
Is there a difference between the 2 3g's

Sent from my ADR6400L

MrKleen

Reaction score
I did the switch was working very well. But for the heck of it I did a factory reset and everything has been fine since on normal mode.

I was all over the place today on both 3g and 4g.

leo67

Reaction score
I did the switch was working very well. But for the heck of it I did a factory reset and everything has been fine since on normal mode.

So You did the ##778# thing and the reset?
or did you go back and undo the Rev A then the reset?

assuming normal mode is the way the phone came out of the box?

sorry I'm stuck on this special 3g thing for the TB,, is it voice and data over 3g ,, like talk and surf at the same time? cause if that's what it is, I would like that opposed to a just data 3g !!!
can anyone straughten this out for me?

Thanks

DroidStang

Reaction score
I keep reading this thread but confused is or was this a nation wide issue cause I got this 17 March been able to get mail from 2 email accounts , tether, talk and tether surf, never dropped signal, was this rooted TB's having this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have a droid x and data is currently down on my phone.I'm home so I'm using my own wifi. Is anything going on on the network or is this just a temporary thing. Is anybody else having this problem? I'm not rooted and I'm in connecticut.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DroidStang

Reaction score
I support verizon blackberrys for my company and everyone up I'm typing from mine now. I even have 3g showing one bar and using forum app

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Last edited:

leo67

Reaction score
Ok,, I did the ##7.....revA thing got 3g ...... guess just sit and wait till VZN fixes the hrpd thing,,,, right?

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
see if you can surf and talk.....

MrKleen

Reaction score

So You did the ##778# thing and the reset?
or did you go back and undo the Rev A then the reset?

assuming normal mode is the way the phone came out of the box?

sorry I'm stuck on this special 3g thing for the TB,, is it voice and data over 3g ,, like talk and surf at the same time? cause if that's what it is, I would like that opposed to a just data 3g !!!
can anyone straughten this out for me?

Thanks

First I did the ##778# switch and was back up and working. Then for the heck of it did a factory data reset and ever since doing that I am back on normal mode and have been perfect since.

geoff5093

Reaction score
So after changing this, you no longer have voice and data capability at the same time?

Rogue11

Reaction score
Just talked to Verizon

I just got off the phone with Verizon the tech told me every thunderbolt user is having some version of this issue mine went to 1x and stayed put I hard reset ARGH!! it did not fix the issue. I will wait 1 day, he said the issue was going to be resolved with their network today 3-31-11. I guess we will see. I know one thing I'm not setting anything up on this phone until its fixed. :icon_censored:

MrKleen

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Verizon the tech told me every thunderbolt user is having some version of this issue mine went to 1x and stayed put I hard reset ARGH!! it did not fix the issue. I will wait 1 day, he said the issue was going to be resolved with their network today 3-31-11. I guess we will see. I know one thing I'm not setting anything up on this phone until its fixed. :icon_censored:

I was certainly having issues the other day. But I wonder if the problems are fixed in some areas and not others. I am all over the place and I am switching between 4g and 3 g with no problems. No network issues anymore. I am in a Cleveland suburb.

Of course since I say its good it will probably crash and burn on me today :)

I love the network now. You will too if you give them time.

Rogue11

Reaction score

I was certainly having issues the other day. But I wonder if the problems are fixed in some areas and not others. I am all over the place and I am switching between 4g and 3 g with no problems. No network issues anymore. I am in a Cleveland suburb.

Of course since I say its good it will probably crash and burn on me today :)

I love the network now. You will too if you give them time.
I'm a long time tech myself (network tech) so I understand issues come up. I will give them time and I'm like you this network is great and very reliable the worst part was wipe all the stuff I had setup. But I've been there and done that to. Hopefully I will get a call from them this afternoon. I'm in Arkansas the home of Verizon they better get-er-done. LOL