Problems with 3G data? Don't hard reset, read this first!

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

wingdo

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the voice and data will still work after choosing this,

So after changing this, you no longer have voice and data capability at the same time?

Changing Rev-A to Enable from eHRPD did not affect my ability to make voice calls and surf the web at the same time. Still works fine and dandy.

Well that's great news....

I'm not sure what HTC did to make voice and data work on 3G, but you have to wonder what took so long. ;)

Forcing the connection to 1xRTT does not allow voice / data at the same time (and no one expected that), but forcing 3G sure as heck does.

jawa6969

Reaction score
I am starting to think my house is on the edge of a 4g network or something. No matter what, when I am at home, the 4G icon will constantly disappear. It's not immediatly showing any other icon (3G or 1X) and data completely stops. Yesterday I tried Rev A thingy and it really had no effect. 4g keeps dropping. I can drive around and get it lock on, or so it seems. Just makes me wonder if it's a sim card issue? A network issue? A software issue? The only thing I have not tried at this point is a hard reset, which I don't understand what that even does other them resets the phone as if it were just shipped from the factory. How is that going to solve the 4g in and out problem?? Makes no sense.

Last edited:

Rogue11

Reaction score
I just got back form the Verizon store all of there display working models are saying 1x tech at store was aware of this issue we did the revA and it worked for a little while then it went back to 1x there is something else going on in my area.
Update just got a voice message from tech calling them now will keep you folks updated.

leo67

Reaction score
I did the switch was working very well. But for the heck of it I did a factory reset and everything has been fine since on normal mode.

I was all over the place today on both 3g and 4g.

So You did the ##778# thing and the reset?
or did you go back and undo the Rev A then the reset?

assuming normal mode is the way the phone came out of the box?

sorry I'm stuck on this special 3g thing for the TB,, is it voice and data over 3g ,, like talk and surf at the same time? cause if that's what it is, I would like that opposed to a just data 3g !!!
can anyone straughten this out for me?

Thanks

First I did the ##778# switch and was back up and working. Then for the heck of it did a factory data reset and ever since doing that I am back on normal mode and have been perfect since.

Ok.
So you can talk and surf with 3g

Sent from my ADR6400L

MeganM

Reaction score
Problem with 3G/This worked...

My phone would say 1X...it should say 3G...I fixed it by following the directions...

I got my Thunderbolt yesterday (3/30/2011). I have been an iPhone user since the first generation...but have crossed over (to what I thought was the darkside when I had this 3G problem)...but I fixed it by following the directions and enabling the Rev A. I must admit I was leary about messing with that stuff...but I DID NOT want to do a factory reset and lose all my customized things.

I did EXACTLY what I read in the original posters link...and after restarting...3G is now working.

It does indeed work...I didn't even call Verizon once. Just found this site and did it. I never post on blogs or anything...but because this was such a "piece of cake"...everyone having this problem should know!!

joewilly013

Reaction score
For me, shutting off the 3g hrpd did not fix the problem- in fact, it made it worse (i began to lose data completely in 3g areas at times), and it would still hop between 3g/4G in transition areas.

However, this morning I am testing two things- I shut off hrpd data, and I set the device to cdma auto mode only using the phone info app. By doing this, it is acting as a "true 3g phone" like the DX. So far, it is actually working!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
For me, shutting off the 3g hrpd did not fix the problem- in fact, it made it worse (i began to lose data completely in 3g areas at times), and it would still hop between 3g/4G in transition areas.

However, this morning I am testing two things- I shut off hrpd data, and I set the device to cdma auto mode only using the phone info app. By doing this, it is acting as a "true 3g phone" like the DX. So far, it is actually working!

If you are still having issues have you tried a factory data reset?

kparks

Reaction score

If you are still having issues have you tried a factory data reset?

I lost all data and was losing my gps and lost data and could not get it back I called the warranty number and was told a factory reset would do the trick was a ,lil mad cuz I just got it all set up how I wanted it but I found my way home and its been fine sense Tuesday

joewilly013

Reaction score
Yes, did a factory reset a couple days ago and didn't solve anything. I've been in 4g territory all day but the true test comes in the next 24-48 hours in which I'll be on a 3g-4g border.

kparks

Reaction score
Call the warranty number and tell them what's going on

joewilly013

Reaction score
LOL if it were only that easy. I've spent probably about 10 hrs with tech support over the last 12 days, finally got it elevated to the highest possible level (or so tech support mgr tells me). At least it appears I have a temporary fix for now, until the VZW network bureau gets their act together