Problem With Rooting

uconnhomie666

Reaction score
I had originally rooted my Droid 1, but I then decided to unroot it. However, I must have unrooted it incorrectly. I have the superuser app on my phone, and I cannot install OTA updates, but I cannot use clockwork. Now I cannot launch recovery mode. I just want to have my phone unrooted. Any help?

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I had originally rooted my Droid 1, but I then decided to unroot it. However, I must have unrooted it incorrectly. I have the superuser app on my phone, and I cannot install OTA updates, but I cannot use clockwork. Now I cannot launch recovery mode. I just want to have my phone unrooted. Any help?

If your phone IS still rooted, go into the market and download ROM Manager. Use the menu in ROM Manager to download and install clockwork recovery. There you go, you got recovery back.

It doesn't sound like you're still rooted though since you no longer have a recovery. However, you can use these steps below if you ARE still rooted.

I personally suggest downloading and flashing RZRecovery over clockworkmod for the rest of these steps.

You can get RZRecovery from this post:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html

Scroll down to where you see "Downloads" and everything there will help you to flash RZRecovery. I am telling you to get RZRecovery because the steps to get your phone back to recovery are done with RZRecovery so it will be easily understandable as opposed to using clockworkmod.

Once you have RZRecovery flashed and running, follow the steps on this post STEP BY STEP!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/15766-how-back-stock-2-0-1-easy-way.html

I just did all this myself so I do know that it will work. This will get you back to stock 2.0.1 then back to back you will get all the updates to eventually get to 2.2.2

Reply back if you have any questions or concerns !
dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid

drgnhntr442

Reaction score
rooting my phone

I am thinking about rooting my phone but am unsure of how to do it. I was wondering if you could tell me how to do it. If so the more detailed the info would be very much appreciated.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I am thinking about rooting my phone but am unsure of how to do it. I was wondering if you could tell me how to do it. If so the more detailed the info would be very much appreciated.

If I were you, I would follow the instructions here. I used them to root my droid and it worked perfectly the first try.

Another Android 2.2 FRG22D Rooting Method for the Motorola DROID - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

This post is VERY detailed and goes through everything step-by-step.

On step 11, make sure you pay attention for when your phone reboots. As soon as your phone turns off to start rebooting, press and hold "up" on the d-pad. Then the phone will reboot into the bootloader. If you miss this step, it WILL NOT brick your phone, however, you WILL have to restart the process from the beginning.

Also, this process will give you SPRecovery which in my opinion is way better than clockworkmod recovery. This process will work even if you have the FRG22G update. If you want to see what version you have just go to settings>about phone>build number

Regardless if it says FRG22D or FRG22G, this method will work and I am proof of that. I unrooted my phone and went back to stock 2.0.1, then updated all the way back to the 2.2.2 FRG22G update then used this method to reroot and had no problems at all. If you need any help you can post again here or send me a pm or whatever.

Hope all this helps!!!!
dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid