[Problem Solved] - New Market Account Issues

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
2dmcmed.png

Many users trying to download apps from the new Android Market Website are faced with a troubling error they can’t get past (we’ve got a solution). When they select an app to install they’re met with a message saying, “”There are no android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account.”
If you’ve got the same problem (it’s affecting both rooted and non-rooted users), we’ve got step-by-step solution that should have you downloading apps and games from the market website in no time:

• - Click on My Account
  • - Click on Recovering Password
  • - Enter password (to validate it’s you)
  • - Under the SMS Section:

1. Click Edit
  2. If phone number is there – remove your phone number – if number not there, go to step 6
  3. Save
  4. Sign Out
  5. Sign back in, go back to same page as needed – or if prompted:
  6. Enter and save your phone number
  7. Sign out

Thanks to EarlyMon from AndroidForums who tracked down the solution and tipped us… you da man!

Original Source - Phandroid

Last edited by a moderator:

joeybarclay

Reaction score
My apps still are not getting pushed to the phone however after i did these steps instead of my device being call "Verizon phone" it was listed as the correct phone type.

cjreyes666

Reaction score
my phone is still not downloading the apps in the website it states that its installed in my phone but nothing is in there.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
my phone is still not downloading the apps in the website it states that its installed in my phone but nothing is in there.

Yeah, I got my phone to show up, simply by restarting the phone. I still haven't had any success getting the apps to download to my phone. The apps say they are installed and when I click on the button installed it goes through the process as if it isn't downloaded. I'm rooted like many other here running a custom ROM.

My wife has a unrooted Droid X and we didn't have any problems at all downloading applications to her phone that were initiated through the website.

qman66

Reaction score
this isnt working. i get my phone to show up but apps arent getting downloaded to phone.

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine still won't download the apps to my D1 either. :icon_ nono2:

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same here, followed all the steps, phone shows up; but no downloading action going on.

Anomander

Reaction score
Running Sapphire 2.0 and had no problems downloading apps from the market page. Phone number was already under the mysettings.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I'm running BB 0.6.1 and the new market worked just fine. It did take quite a while for the download to appear on the phone - close to a half hour.