Remotely Sign Out Of Your Google and Gmail Accounts

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Jan 1, 2015.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,236
    [​IMG]

We have all been there. You are running behind to your kids baseball game, or church, or a family get together. You don't realize until you are several miles down the road that you have left your smartphone sitting on your desk at work. You don't have time to double back and grab your phone. Its not like you actually need your phone for the evening. You will be focused on the event you are headed to. Its just that now you have your entire private life sitting on your desk for anyone who walks by to look at. If you were smart you would have enabled a pin lockscreen. However most folks keep their lockscreen simple with a swipe to unlock.

To make things simple once you sign into your gmail and google accounts on your phone they pretty much stay signed in until you manually sign out of them. This means if you don't have a pin lockscreen anyone with access to your phone also has full reign over your gmail and google accounts. There is a simple and easy way to sign out of these accounts remotely.

You will need to access a PC. This may be difficult to do at the ball field, but if you can get access to a PC you will be able to log out of your accounts. In the PC browser navigate to Gmail.com and sign in. Scroll to the bottom right hand side of the page and click on "Details". A popup will show you every instance where your account is currently being used. Click the button "Sign Out All Other Sessions". Now that you are signed out anyone with access to your device will also need to know your account password to access your accounts.

via Phandroid

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tonik

Tonik Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Great in theory, but everyone should be using two factor auth on Google so not having your phone kind kills the ides of logging in futon from a new pc.

3. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,482
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    Android Device Manager has a lock function that can be accessed from any device to lock all devices associated with your GMail account. I'm still not sure why people do not set this up. It comes in handy should someone forget their passcode, password as well as letting you lock the device down temporarily.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Excellent suggestion and I'm going to take that advice myself.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,482
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    It can be accessed via a Web browser or you can also download their app as well.

The only downfall is if you ever have to use it you will be changing your password for your GMail account so be sure to remember what it was when you get back to your device. It's a small price to pay should your phone be stolen, you forgot it at the restaurant, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,049
    1. Encrypt device/use pin lock screen.
    2. Remote lock/wipe via android device manager.
    3. Forget your phone? Not happening. I'll forget my house and car keys before I forget my phone. I feel naked without my phone, it's THAT bad.

• Like Like x 1
  7. blacksoxing

blacksoxing Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    So, I was playing around w/my note 3 (rooted) and sent a lock to my phone and created a password.

...And realized now that I cannot revert back to any other security measures! Just Pin & Password are available options. I used pattern before, which I preferred as a security measure. They all just say "Turned off by admin...."

I unchecked ADM as an admin of my device to deactivate it, but, I sitll can't revert back my screen lock.

Cot dang...

8. kitty start

kitty start New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    +86
    it sounds interesting ,however.does it work well during our life ?

Search tags for this page
gmail log handy log out
gmail sign out
how to log other phones out of google account remotely
how to logout android app gmail
how to logout from gmail app
how to logout of gmail from android
how to logout of gmail on android
how to sign out from gmail android
how to sign out of gmail app

sign out gmail account android