Remotely Sign Out Of Your Google and Gmail Accounts

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1380210324_gmail-for-android.jpg

We have all been there. You are running behind to your kids baseball game, or church, or a family get together. You don't realize until you are several miles down the road that you have left your smartphone sitting on your desk at work. You don't have time to double back and grab your phone. Its not like you actually need your phone for the evening. You will be focused on the event you are headed to. Its just that now you have your entire private life sitting on your desk for anyone who walks by to look at. If you were smart you would have enabled a pin lockscreen. However most folks keep their lockscreen simple with a swipe to unlock.

To make things simple once you sign into your gmail and google accounts on your phone they pretty much stay signed in until you manually sign out of them. This means if you don't have a pin lockscreen anyone with access to your phone also has full reign over your gmail and google accounts. There is a simple and easy way to sign out of these accounts remotely.

You will need to access a PC. This may be difficult to do at the ball field, but if you can get access to a PC you will be able to log out of your accounts. In the PC browser navigate to Gmail.com and sign in. Scroll to the bottom right hand side of the page and click on "Details". A popup will show you every instance where your account is currently being used. Click the button "Sign Out All Other Sessions". Now that you are signed out anyone with access to your device will also need to know your account password to access your accounts.

via Phandroid

Tonik

Reaction score
Great in theory, but everyone should be using two factor auth on Google so not having your phone kind kills the ides of logging in futon from a new pc.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Android Device Manager has a lock function that can be accessed from any device to lock all devices associated with your GMail account. I'm still not sure why people do not set this up. It comes in handy should someone forget their passcode, password as well as letting you lock the device down temporarily.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Android Device Manager has a lock function that can be accessed from any device to lock all devices associated with your GMail account. I'm still not sure why people do not set this up. It comes in handy should someone forget their passcode, password as well as letting you lock the device down temporarily.
Excellent suggestion and I'm going to take that advice myself.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Excellent suggestion and I'm going to take that advice myself.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

It can be accessed via a Web browser or you can also download their app as well.

The only downfall is if you ever have to use it you will be changing your password for your GMail account so be sure to remember what it was when you get back to your device. It's a small price to pay should your phone be stolen, you forgot it at the restaurant, etc.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
1. Encrypt device/use pin lock screen.
2. Remote lock/wipe via android device manager.
3. Forget your phone? Not happening. I'll forget my house and car keys before I forget my phone. I feel naked without my phone, it's THAT bad.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
So, I was playing around w/my note 3 (rooted) and sent a lock to my phone and created a password.

...And realized now that I cannot revert back to any other security measures! Just Pin & Password are available options. I used pattern before, which I preferred as a security measure. They all just say "Turned off by admin...."

I unchecked ADM as an admin of my device to deactivate it, but, I sitll can't revert back my screen lock.

Cot dang...

kitty start

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
+86
it sounds interesting ,however.does it work well during our life ?