Pricing?

das2042

Reaction score
The ne2 changed 3 years ago and it went to a tiered system depending on what plan you have. I've had the 1300 min plan for this and the og storm and it was only 50$ if I went to the higher plan I got raised to the 100$ ne2. Just depends on how much money you spend. Mine was up on July 7th and I've been waiting ever so patient to use it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

FastKatt

Reaction score
I have a 1400 min family plan with 4 smart phones...
How much more do I have to spend to get $100 NE2?
Holycrap!

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
um my cell bill is teetering on 3 stacks! What was the upper limit to get the $100 not that it matters, just curious.

Das one hella Bamf ta knock the 3 sense in ya!

das2042

Reaction score
Again that was three years ago they could of just knocked it down to 50$ to call it a day. I just know that my storm was the last time I had the 100$ ne2. I didn't even use it when I got the Droid cause I didn't feel waiting was worth 50$ the storm sucked. I do remember it went off your minute plan and individual plans are different than family plans.
Take that with a grain of salt, just what I remember, but I sell rvs not cell phones

lemodular

Reaction score
Like das2042 said, VZW went to a tiered system for a while where you had to be on a 1400 min (family) plan or more (don't know what the min for an indv. plan) to get the $100 disc. on ne2. But about a year and a half a go, they did away with that and only give a $50 discount for ne2. Oh yeah, they took away the (real)early updates as well.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Well sprint/moto announced the photon July 31 for $199, [OFFICIAL] Sprint Motorola Photon 4G: July 31st, $199 I wonder what the chances are that the Bionic will come in around that price. That would be wild if it did!

Verizon is selling the Driod Charge for $299 and the Thunderbolt for $249. I think that the chances are slim to none that the Bionic will be $199.. It will be the same price as the charge and hopefully not more...

mike02vr6

Reaction score
Well thanks for peeing in my Cheerios this morning preach :icon_evil: ruined my whole day now. lol

das2042

Reaction score
I think I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. The bionic was originally supposed to be $199 and with the photon being priced at 199 its a very good possibility the bionic will remain the same. You can say they beefed it up with new technology but if you look its actually technology that's been out for a min so that really shouldn't affect the price. Hopefully with the evo 3d and photon being $199 the bionic will follow suit. Especially with the fact they are going to sell a ton of these things. So here's hoping to not pissing on the little guy.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I really hope VZ doesn't go overpricing the Bionic.
If you want more people to go out of there way to buy it, don't throw a $799 price tag on it.

$499 would be reasonable, anything lower would be great.

If its higher, id rather just leave Verizon instead of getting it. If the Bionic specs are true, its basically the same phone as the photon, except maybe a tiny bit better processor.

If verizon puts it as high as the charge, that just shows how greedy and overpriced verizon is.

Last edited:

mike02vr6

Reaction score
thanks Das! You make a good point Droid, they gotta keep it close to everyone else. I wonder if they economy being as bad as it is if that will help their decision. They know the will screw people with the tiered plan, which is scaring some people away. So maybe if they have an awesome phone that is priced right people will buy it. That's just my .02

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
thanks Das! You make a good point Droid, they gotta keep it close to everyone else. I wonder if they economy being as bad as it is if that will help their decision. They know the will screw people with the tiered plan, which is scaring some people away. So maybe if they have an awesome phone that is priced right people will buy it. That's just my .02

Very true...
With the tiered prices your getting less for more money.
The least they could do is release the arguably most anticipated phone on Verizon for a decent price.

I know I won't be buying if its over 700 off contract, and I am sure there are other who wont as well.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I think I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. The bionic was originally supposed to be $199 and with the photon being priced at 199 its a very good possibility the bionic will remain the same. You can say they beefed it up with new technology but if you look its actually technology that's been out for a min so that really shouldn't affect the price. Hopefully with the evo 3d and photon being $199 the bionic will follow suit. Especially with the fact they are going to sell a ton of these things. So here's hoping to not pissing on the little guy.

No I disagree with you on that the 1st Bionic was Dual Core but had 512 MB of DDR2 Ram. The Thunderbolt 748MB of Ram $249.. From the price I got from the guy at Best Buy $299 was listed on the Bionic paper work. So I am not guessing the price $299 is the price under contract. You got to look at it this way This is going to be their flagship phone now. They will not let it go cheaper then the TB and the Charge...

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

No I disagree with you on that the 1st Bionic was Dual Core but had 512 MB of DDR2 Ram. The Thunderbolt 748MB of Ram $249.. From the price I got from the guy at Best Buy $299 was listed on the Bionic paper work. So I am not guessing the price $299 is the price under contract. You got to look at it this way This is going to be their flagship phone now. They will not let it go cheaper then the TB and the Charge...

Didn't it appear on Amazon once for $149 on contract?

And many articles from the past week have said it is going to be $480 off contract.

I would expect it to be around the price of the Photon 4G.

And also don't forget that its BestBuy.
There prices generally suck.

For example: EVO 3D off contract Best Buy: 700
EVO 3D off contract Sprint: 550

Last edited: