Pricing?

coyote_5

Reaction score
Use some common sense. The Bionic is the dual core, LTE, flagship phone.

It isn't debuting at a price less than the Droid Charge.

das2042

Reaction score
Well if the argument for pricing is ram then what about the photon, atrix, and evo? And what costs more, dual core or more ram? And I thought we all agreed most sales reps usually have no clue what they're talking about. If best buy had a price sheet I would think it would have been leaked by now. If moto is hurting as bad as they say they are I would think they're not going to sell an overpriced phone. This is all speculation anyway so I'm keeping with the glass Is half full theory and sticking with $199.00 - $50(ne2) = $150 of priceless bionic enjoyment.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

slinky

Reaction score
Well if the argument for pricing is ram then what about the photon, atrix, and evo? And what costs more, dual core or more ram? And I thought we all agreed most sales reps usually have no clue what they're talking about. If best buy had a price sheet I would think it would have been leaked by now. If moto is hurting as bad as they say they are I would think they're not going to sell an overpriced phone. This is all speculation anyway so I'm keeping with the glass Is half full theory and sticking with $199.00 - $50(ne2) = $150 of priceless bionic enjoyment.
Best of luck with that "optimism." But be prepared to shell out. The cost to manufacture and the parts in the phone itself probably cost more than $199.

das2042

Reaction score
Well obviously it costs more. The consumer doesn't buy it from Motorola, Verizon does. Verizon puts in a huge order and gives two prices. One for retail and the other for contract. Verizon is going to lose money on the contract pricing but make that money up by you signing a two year contract. Does that make sense? Verizon almost never makes money on the phones they sell.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Tillmorn

Reaction score
My only input would be that while the Bionic can be compared to the Photon and Atrix, it should be kept in mind that its pricing would reflect Verizon's current 4g phone prices (which they are pretty proud of apparently), not prices for Moto phones on different carriers.

lazarus2297

Reaction score

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have some good news ladies and gents-it seems the pop herald says:the moto photon 4g on Sprint is considered the bionic on VZW-now the moto photon will b 199 on 2yr contract,so that means (r u sittin down?)the bionic will b 199 with 2 year contract.U can think me later.

Reaction score
I have some good news ladies and gents-it seems the pop herald says:the moto photon 4g on Sprint is considered the bionic on VZW-now the moto photon will b 199 on 2yr contract,so that means (r u sittin down?)the bionic will b 199 with 2 year contract.U can think me later.

Awwww crank... comeon... i will not think you later.. lol

After the last bs popherald failed miserably at, how can anyone trust what they have to say? According to them hotspots were up on july 6th so the bionic must be coming out the 7th.. ha.. i hate popherald

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

The Thunderbolt is basically VZW evo.
And the thunderbolt costs tons more.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

anuraj1

Reaction score
The Photon is like the OLD Bionic shown at CES (model name Etna). The new Bionic is a whole new beast.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
The Photon is like the OLD Bionic shown at CES (model name Etna). The new Bionic is a whole new beast.

As much as I wish that were true, its not. There basically the same minus the network.

anuraj1

Reaction score

As much as I wish that were true, its not. There basically the same minus the network.

And the processor.

The photon has the same processor as the Etna. The same low quality FFC. The same screen size. The Same screen type. The same RAM as the Atrix. The same basic form factor of the Etna and Atrix. The same video capture rate. Etc, etc, etc.

Here are the 3 to compare them yourself:

Photon:
Motorola Photon 4G - Full phone specifications

OLD Bionic:
Motorola DROID BIONIC - Full phone specifications

NEW Bionic:
Motorola Droid Bionic Targa - Full phone specifications

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

And the processor.

The photon has the same processor as the Etna. The same low quality FFC. The same screen size. The Same screen type. The same RAM as the Atrix. The same basic form factor of the Etna and Atrix. The same video capture rate. Etc, etc, etc.

Here are the 3 to compare them yourself:

Photon:
Motorola Photon 4G - Full phone specifications

OLD Bionic:
Motorola DROID BIONIC - Full phone specifications

NEW Bionic:
Motorola Droid Bionic Targa - Full phone specifications

Sorry, I didn't make that clear. My statement was compared to the new Bionic, not the old one. I was saying the processor in the Photon is different from the new Bionic. So I guess it sort of does make the Photon an Etna Bionic for Sprint.