Preferred network and battery issue?

freshnuts

Reaction score
Ive recently noticed that my x has been using battery quite quickly even when it isnt being used. Ive looked at it and it was reading at 70%. Checked a little while later (30min or so) and its already down to 50%, while not even being used. I also dont have gps,wifi, or any apps really running. Reading up on it ive come to find that in battery manager > battery use > cell standby was as high as 67% but mostly around high 40's. Im guessing this could be the reason battery is being used so quickly when it isnt even in use. I tried going to the test menu *#*#4636#*#* and checking stuff there. If i go to phone info and hit the menu button, then select radio band it shows up as gsm/umts band. I also scrolled down to set preferred network type and CDMA auto (prl) was set.

Is the radio band and preferred network type set correctly? Im just not sure why the battery is being drained so quickly when not in use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was having the cell standby issue. What worked for me...

Dial *228 and choose option 2. If that returns an error, try calling again and choose option 1.

OP
F

freshnuts

Reaction score
nice, ill check out juicedefender. thanks!