Preferred network?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Just noticed that my preferred network was set on Global. Is this correct? I thought CDMA was my primary network in the US.

EDIT: Ok, I guess Global is a default and/or kind of setting to use what has been working. I'm having some issues with receiving calls when it's asleep and thought this may be why.

Network Mode Setting - HTC Droid Incredible 2 ADR6350
From a home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower left).
Select Settings.
Select Call.
Select Preferred Network.
Select one of the following.
Global
This setting attempts to connect to the last network technology used. If that technology is not available, the device will attempt to connect using the alternate technology. If the device is having difficulty placing phone calls, attempt to use the Global setting.
CDMA
Code Division Multiple Access network - This is the setting for use on the Verizon Wireless network.
GSM / UMTS
Global System for Mobile Communications / Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service - Typically used when traveling overseas.
Select one of the following.
GSM / UMTS Dual
GSM only
UMTS only

Last edited:

bik2101

Reaction score
So this is where that setting is. I've read about this setting but never could find it. It should he set to cdma not global as global apparently uses more battery

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
So this is where that setting is. I've read about this setting but never could find it. It should he set to cdma not global as global apparently uses more battery

Think so? It came set to global and my battery life is awesome the way it is. Maybe I'll try cdma mode for a charge cycle and see. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

bik2101

Reaction score
Ohh. Yeah that's what I've read anyways. If you have no issues on battery life I guess no reason to go changing things

Reaction score
What's your preferred network we have sim-cards so do use CDMA or the gsm/umts. Witch is faster better battery life and so on.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
What's your preferred network we have sim-cards so do use CDMA or the gsm/umts. Witch is faster better battery life and so on.

In the US, I don't think you have a choice, right? GSM is blocked.

silver6054

Reaction score
Idk something i read on xda or something

The GSM bands are locked in the US. For the Droid 2 Global/Droid Pro, TeamBlackHat had a hack that unlocked the lock. Originally $100, now free, but only worked on the very earliest version of the Froyo firmware. They want to do something like this for the Droid 3 but as far as I know it hasn't happened yet. If I am wrong, great!