Toggle 2G

Reaction score
I'm attempting to save battery life. I want to toggle my Droid 2 from 3G to 2G. I look in the network settings, and all I see is the option to change it between Global, CDMA, and GSM/UMTS. Nowhere in my settings does it say 2G or anything like that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm attempting to save battery life. I want to toggle my Droid 2 from 3G to 2G. I look in the network settings, and all I see is the option to change it between Global, CDMA, and GSM/UMTS. Nowhere in my settings does it say 2G or anything like that.

In this Country there is 3G and then 1X. There is no 2G. Since connection time takes longer on 1X I doubt that would save you any battery. And there is no way to toggle between 1X and 3G.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Take a look under Settings -> About Phone -> Battery Use to see what is taking up most of your battery life and go from there. Two tips: 1) get rid of any task killer or anti-virus apps you may be using and 2) if the brightness is all the way up try turning it down.

OP
H
Reaction score
Take a look under Settings -> About Phone -> Battery Use to see what is taking up most of your battery life and go from there. Two tips: 1) get rid of any task killer or anti-virus apps you may be using and 2) if the brightness is all the way up try turning it down.

Funny thing is, I do not have that option on my phone. I go to settings > about phone > and look for battery use but it doesn't show up. Why dont I have it???

kptphalkon

Reaction score
It should be under settings > battery > tap the battery icon, which shows your usage by process. Display should generally be at the top

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

devinhfox

Reaction score
Take a look in the market for 'phone info'.

You can select between CDMA Only (1xRTT) or EVDO Only.
The CDMA Only option forces 1xRTT (CDMA2000), which is really 2.5G.

I've been trying to find a way to do this programatically though.

danielkr

Reaction score
Go to dialer and dial

*#*#info#*#*

U will get info there and be able to change connection type also