1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Preferred network?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by mountaineerndixie, May 27, 2011.

1. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie New Member

Just noticed that my preferred network was set on Global. Is this correct? I thought CDMA was my primary network in the US.

EDIT: Ok, I guess Global is a default and/or kind of setting to use what has been working. I'm having some issues with receiving calls when it's asleep and thought this may be why.

Network Mode Setting - HTC Droid Incredible 2 ADR6350
    From a home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower left).
    Select Settings.
    Select Call.
    Select Preferred Network.
    Select one of the following.
    Global
    This setting attempts to connect to the last network technology used. If that technology is not available, the device will attempt to connect using the alternate technology. If the device is having difficulty placing phone calls, attempt to use the Global setting.
    CDMA
    Code Division Multiple Access network - This is the setting for use on the Verizon Wireless network.
    GSM / UMTS
    Global System for Mobile Communications / Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service - Typically used when traveling overseas.
    Select one of the following.
    GSM / UMTS Dual
    GSM only
    UMTS only
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. bik2101

bik2101 New Member

So this is where that setting is. I've read about this setting but never could find it. It should he set to cdma not global as global apparently uses more battery
  3. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie New Member

Think so? It came set to global and my battery life is awesome the way it is. Maybe I'll try cdma mode for a charge cycle and see. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. bik2101

bik2101 New Member

Ohh. Yeah that's what I've read anyways. If you have no issues on battery life I guess no reason to go changing things
Search tags for this page

android preferred network type global

htc one preferred network mode

htc one verizon preferred network

htc rezound preferred network
prefered network for verizon phones
preferred network htc one
preferred network mode verizon
preferred network type global

preferred network type verizon

proffered network setting in android
set preferred network type global