No 3G network can be seen

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by khnglau, Dec 26, 2010.

1. khnglau

khnglau New Member

I used the unlock code to unlock my D2G and I am in Hong Kong using a local GSM sim card (PCCW 3G). But I can find only 2G network using 'Search networks' function. My setting is GSM/UMTS - Automatic. I have tried other phone using the same sim card and it can find 3G networks. I have typed *#*#4636#*#* and select radio band to USA band (in Phone info -> press menu button -> Select radio band -> USA Band) and it don't have any option for me(other than USA Band). I can see 3G network before and it seems to this problem appeared after I made the USA Band setting in *#*#4636#*#*. What's wrong with my setting? Or is Verizon lock my phone work only on 2G GSM? Can anyone help?:icon_ nono2:Thanks a lot.
  2. khnglau

khnglau New Member

I have made the same setting again (*#*#4636#*#* -> Phone info -> press menu button -> Select radio band -> USA Band) and no more network is available now (even 2G network). So I think the setting blocks all the network other from USA radio band. But how can I set it back? Help!!!!:mad:
  3. rafeee2

rafeee2 New Member

I have the exact same problem(s) on my Droid Pro in Kuwait, using a local SIM card. Currently I have no network at all! Any ideas guys?
  4. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

Does moving the setting back to "Global" help? (I would think that it would still respect the settings you made for GSM, but maybe not).

Or, to sound like a Verizon Wireless customer service rep, factory reset?
  5. leobg

leobg Member

What ROM's are you guys running? I don't see "USA Band" anywhere in that manu?
  6. rafeee2

rafeee2 New Member

I'm running stock ROM updated with the latest software update.
    I tried factory reset and now I can make calls and SMS again, but still no data connection.
  7. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

Hi, I can't tell from the post if you also did the *#*#4636#*#* menu thing and it then stopped working, or if you haven't had a working data connection before.

If it never worked, you probably need to set up the Access Point names for your local SIM. (Settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile Networks. Make sure Network Mode is set to GSM and then go to the Access Point names section. Menu button to add a new APN).

And, if you did a factory reset, that wipes out any APNs that you set.
  8. rafeee2

rafeee2 New Member

It never worked, and the APN is defined with the same parameters that I have on a Motorola Defy that's having no data connection issues whatsoever.

Also when I dial *#*#4636#*#* and go to Phone Info and then Select Radio Band, I only find USA Band. No Euro, Auto, Japan, etc.. I think this is not correct.
Search tags for this page
*#*#4636#*#* 3g not working t-mobile hong kong note 2

*#*#4636#*#* select radio band

*#*#4636#*#* usa band
3g does not work usa band motorola after choose
4636 usa band
android *#*#4636#*#* set gsm/umts band

droid 4 radio

droid pro no 3g international
galaxy s3 no data connection on pageplus

how to set up 3g on droid 2

motorola defy no 3g connection