Possible Updated Galaxy Nexus Might Be On Its Way

alboboy10

Reaction score
Apple won't have 4g any time soon. You think androids have bad battery life?

IPhones with 4g and possibly bigger screens are gonna die in half an hour of use.

Theyre just gonna keep selling the same phone until the 10s comes out. And their stores are still going to have a line of people with tents outside on release day.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
So wait let me get this straight. Verizon passes on the GSII and gets the Nexus, thats using old hardware mind you. Sprint takes the GSII AND get a beefed up totally updated Nexus with current hardware after it releases on V$?

Doesnt seem right to me.
If you haven't noticed, Verizon seems to always get the runt of the litter (exception with the GNexus, unless this is true, and maybe the Razr/Maxx). Wouldn't be surprised if it's because of their annoying restrictions and bloat that they put on any phone that isn't the iPhone -.-"

I'm sure Sprint will be toting the SG3, that rumored quad-core HTC phone, and their own variant of the Galaxy Note while Verizon fiddles with slow, midrange Galaxy model or Pantec -.-

smokiedabong

Reaction score
The current Nexus is a damn good phone, I can see myself keeping it for 2 yrs. Of course there going to be better phones in this time, for now couple of extra Mhz on the new Nexus won't make much of a difference .

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Yea, like was said, A LOT was improved. Single core to dual core, much better GPU (the best in any phone currently), better camera 5mp to 8mp (video from 720p to 1080p), bluetooth 4.0 and major software upgrade.

I don't like apple... but minus 4G, they hit pretty much every aspect of the phone. Which means... the next one will have it plus other upgrades and with a more mature network to boot. I hate to say it, but skipping 4G was probably a smart move... this time around.
Skipping 4G wasn't really a smart move. If you think about it, manufactures can use what they know now, since they are already making phones that are 4G compatible, and improve. The only direction is up. Not to mention, once LTE +/Advanced shows its head, it will be easy for LTE carriers to upgrade and even easier for Android manufactures to include it in phones.

The iPhone may have the upper hand with OS, but it will never catch up to Android hardware. Manufactures are already thinking about quad and 6 core phones while the iPhone just got a dual-core...a old one at that.

Insidious

Reaction score
Well there was talk about the Nexus being branded a while ago.... Remember the Droid Prime?

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
Rooted, unlocked, and ready to rock!

kinfolk248

Reaction score
yes tis true about the iph*ne buttt.....even with its hardware it still loads damn fast, takes great pix, great screen, and they knew 4g would clunk out at times in its molding stages, that lil booger just works. no matter how much of a iph*ne hater you are, you must admit the thing is polished... so from a product quality stand point Apple is on top of their game (mostly 90.4% worth)... Kinda makes you wish Google would take a note there and stick with one design and master it ya know, imo...

and why concern yourself with quad core phones when ICS was just released and its written to specifically work with dual core phones, not quad not six core, and nexus (built for ICS) is the only phone running it as of today, so dont even stress over that for now. dont worry about mars if you havent gotten to the moon yet... ;-)

BUTTTTT back to thread topic!!! Hey Google, dont release a 'nexus steroid edition'. DONT START A SIBLING RIVALRY!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Andy (Android) but boy, so of this stuff makes you worry wtf is Google thinking...lol

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Looks like we just got Samsunged!

Desmond82

Reaction score
you mean like coming out with an updated device in the time of 4g lte but the device not have 4g? iphone 4s= fail

That failure sold 441,000 units a day last quarter. Sprint recorded its best sales day in company history when they launched the 4s. I get it everybodies got an opinion but calling a phone that had the success its had a failure doesn't stand the simple fact and logic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

gthotie5

Reaction score
I think 4Glte is pretty groundbreaking. That's just me though ;)

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

wolstonc

Reaction score
I got my nexus because I thought they released one nexus roughly each year

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Desmond82

Reaction score
Skipping 4G wasn't really a smart move. If you think about it, manufactures can use what they know now, since they are already making phones that are 4G compatible, and improve. The only direction is up. Not to mention, once LTE +/Advanced shows its head, it will be easy for LTE carriers to upgrade and even easier for Android manufactures to include it in phones.

The iPhone may have the upper hand with OS, but it will never catch up to Android hardware. Manufactures are already thinking about quad and 6 core phones while the iPhone just got a dual-core...a old one at that.

I have overall enjoyed the transition from iphone to Android but I will say apple biggest strength is hardware. For example my uncle has a big time DJ company and I went by his shop a couple years ago and was shocked to see all the cpu 's apple. This man is in the geniuses book for world records for being cheap. So of course I asked with amazement what's the deal with all these high end apple computers and simply said he learned his lesson with regular cpu's he used to buy. A some point they all die in the heat of battle(i.e. wedding, club, birthday party etc). But since his conversion to apples cpu's he has not had so much as a hiccup I think that is a testament to its hardware and software. Apple trades higher then oil companies so technology isn't gonna be a problem. I am curious to see post Steve job's era means to the direction of the apple. Who knows they might start really pushing the envelope in regards to cutting edge technology. Only time will tell. I'm not a kool aide drinker in my house hold both apple and Android coexist. Its a trade off

Desmond82

Reaction score
I think 4Glte is pretty groundbreaking. That's just me though ;)

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

Go to Japan or Europe and you'll think differently