Verizon's Galaxy Nexus Gets Updated to 4.1.0; May Be Final Piece of Puzzle For Launch

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-nexus-410-radio-update.jpg

It is possible that the final piece of the puzzle that has been holding up the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus has fallen into place. A lucky user named, Bradgog, who is more than likely a Verizon tester, recently posted a screenshot of an update he received which brings his Verizon Galaxy Nexus up to firmware 4.1.0. This new update brings a new baseband radio to the device, which could have been what has held it up all along. We may soon find out...

Source: Engadget and MyDroidWorld

pandabear

Reaction score
Oh please please please release be the reason, please release it already!

grimley

Reaction score
Don't mean to be a downer, but could this be the version for the fix for the radio/volume problems that the UK had? Is there a way to tell that it is a Verizon by looking at the info in the pic?
I hope its true though and we'll get some ICS soon!

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Must be nice to be one of these corporate dweebs and get all the insider information instead of a bunch of rumor articles and screenshots.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
From now on 4.1 will be called Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwich.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Vanoclateberry Ice Cream Sandwich. The ones that are 1/3 vanilla, 1/3 chocolate, and 1/3 strawberry. :)

Wishbone

Reaction score
Don't mean to be a downer, but could this be the version for the fix for the radio/volume problems that the UK had? Is there a way to tell that it is a Verizon by looking at the info in the pic?
I hope its true though and we'll get some ICS soon!

That update made it 4.0.1 not 4.1.0

jerkwad

Reaction score
Not according to the screenshot above. In fact I believe there was a 4.0.2 a about a week ago. I search for a link.

Are you saying that the update for the Volume Issue made it 4.0.2? If that is the case then clearly something bigger made it 4.1. In my experience, in the coding arena, adjusting driver/software for a bug doesn't usually include a full .x update! more than likely 4.0.1/4.0.2 was to fix the volume problem and this new 4.1.0 includes more significant updates. Of course, I don't work for Google, I just know how we do it in all the shops i've worked at over the years dot dot dot :)

Last edited:

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Are you saying that the update for the Volume Issue made it 4.0.2? If that is the case then clearly something bigger made it 4.1. In my experience, in the coding arena, adjusting driver/software for a bug doesn't usually include a full .x update! more than likely 4.0.1/4.0.2 was to fix the volume problem and this new 4.1.0 includes more significant updates. Of course, I don't work for Google, I just know how we do it in all the shops i've worked at over the years dot dot dot :)

I never said anything about 4.0.2 being for the volume bug, so I have no idea where your getting that from. I simply stated that I had read about that version number somewhere.