Possible Updated Galaxy Nexus Might Be On Its Way

kinfolk248

Reaction score
If Google drops the 'Nexus Plus' it will be a low blow to the very ppl who help make/develop android.

And not only that, it will give Apple more than enough clout to rip us about fragmentation. If the 'pure google' device get fragmented, oh boy, oh boy... smh smh smh

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I like everything that has been said thus far! besides people saying it was bound to happen. Im not going to say everything that has been said....but it shouldnt be happening for another 10 months.

I still believe the nexus being sold on sprint will be the same one we are currently carrying in our pockets. Not a beefed up version with a next gen processor(what the original should be right now).

higgins

Reaction score
well this'll be the first and last nexus I have. Always wanted a nexus and now this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
well this'll be the first and last nexus I have. Always wanted a nexus and now this

Still only a rumor. And even if the rumor is true, as long as it doesn't land on Verizon I'll be OK with it. Not happy, but I wouldn't scream to the heavens over it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dug-e-fresh

Reaction score
If this has any truth to it, this is the one page Google needs to take from Apple... develop a future proof piece of hardware... and stick to it!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this has any truth to it, this is the one page Google needs to take from Apple... develop a future proof piece of hardware... and stick to it!

you mean like coming out with an updated device in the time of 4g lte but the device not have 4g? iphone 4s= fail

alboboy10

Reaction score
Sprint usually gets beefed up Android devices because their network is not as good.

Why is everyone freaking out like Google just killed someone in your family?

As long as google updates this phone and improves the problems it has now then I don't care if the other phone has a better GPU. Everyone was terrified that the nexus would suck because the gpu was old but its still outperforming all other phones with better specs.

skyshadow

Reaction score
Sprint usually gets beefed up Android devices because their network is not as good.

Why is everyone freaking out like Google just killed someone in your family?

As long as google updates this phone and improves the problems it has now then I don't care if the other phone has a better GPU. Everyone was terrified that the nexus would suck because the gpu was old but its still outperforming all other phones with better specs.

I agree 100% the nexus has the best gpu and processor on Verizon's market not counting the iPhone of course. Also there is no way that google or Samsung would do something like that to all the people who bought the nexus. Its for sprints network cause they don't have the galaxy nexus yet

dug-e-fresh

Reaction score
you mean like coming out with an updated device in the time of 4g lte but the device not have 4g? iphone 4s= fail

Technically I agree with that point... but that said, they've made only 5 versions of the iphone, and they all improved in some valuable way... so that said, as critical as Apple places the user experience, of course they are not going to release a 4G version. The service simply isn't there yet... I think they learned with ATT that service is VERY important... I'd say we'll see a 4GS this fall. Maybe quad core with a slightly better camera and a new version of the operating system. Nothing HUGELY ground breaking... but extremely solid... and it will all just work.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Technically I agree with that point... but that said, they've made only 5 versions of the iphone, and they all improved in some valuable way... so that said, as critical as Apple places the user experience, of course they are not going to release a 4G version. The service simply isn't there yet... I think they learned with ATT that service is VERY important... I'd say we'll see a 4GS this fall. Maybe quad core with a slightly better camera and a new version of the operating system. Nothing HUGELY ground breaking... but extremely solid... and it will all just work.

the 4s's main improvement was basically adding siri wasnt it? that seems like one heck of a waste for a whole new phone...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google is not going to release a revamped Galaxy Nexus. All this hype is probably about a developmental test unit, nothing more.

Seeing as how the Nexus is a Google experience device and a development device with no differences between models with the exception of the included radio.

It would stand to reason that keeping with the Nexus tradition of having working proven hardware that this is nothing more than a test platform for A) upcoming chipsets and B) Hardware for the next Nexus that is expected late this year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
the 4s's main improvement was basically adding siri wasnt it? that seems like one heck of a waste for a whole new phone...

Well unless you count the better gpu, cpu, and camera. Yes it looks the same but it is completely revamped on the inside.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well unless you count the better gpu, cpu, and camera. Yes it looks the same but it is completely revamped on the inside.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

oh my bad...i dont keep up much on the iphone so thats all i heard changed :p

dug-e-fresh

Reaction score

Yea, like was said, A LOT was improved. Single core to dual core, much better GPU (the best in any phone currently), better camera 5mp to 8mp (video from 720p to 1080p), bluetooth 4.0 and major software upgrade.

I don't like apple... but minus 4G, they hit pretty much every aspect of the phone. Which means... the next one will have it plus other upgrades and with a more mature network to boot. I hate to say it, but skipping 4G was probably a smart move... this time around.