Verizon Joins in on the Galaxy mayhem with the Samsung Fascinate

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
All of the Samsung phones we have had in the past have been problem free. I'm just leery about the Galaxy because of all of the comments I have read about their lack of support when it comes to smart phones. But with this one launching so big on so many carriers they had better back it up with support or they are setting themselves up for android failure.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe they did the GPU comparison based on millions of triangles per second...... To read that, one would think that the Nexus One has the more powerful GPU.....

However, in real-world situations; this has been proven to be untrue as it's the pixel fillrate that makes more of a difference. In this case, the SGX 530 is undeniably stronger than the Adreno 200 - a scenario that is evident in real-world gameplay.

Wish they'd used the spec that really matters, instead of ripping the triangle rendering rate from the Wikipedia articles on these GPUs.

Eli

Reaction score
No one knows what this phone looks like yet. Doesn't much matter to me. This is the phone I have been waiting for. Hoping for a July release... should know more tomorrow.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, these new Samsung phones will have some nice cpu's. Check the Quadrant scores.

I expect the Facinate and the Epic to be real good gaming phones. Its funny: The Hummingbird and the OMAP's show u what a cpu running 1Ghz can really do...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, just saw the Vibrant is going to T Mobile...Samsung wanna make sure they have all the carriers covered...lol

Twoo

Reaction score
I wish these phone companies would QUIT producing tons of phones with the same OS and just focus on one great phone per company. I'm tired of the market being saturated with crappy android phones.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I wish these phone companies would QUIT producing tons of phones with the same OS and just focus on one great phone per company. I'm tired of the market being saturated with crappy android phones.

OK the solution to your problem is being re-stocked at AT&T stores tomorrow. It's called the iPhone 4, go get the ONE phone that they really support and you will be happy. I LOVE the fact that there is such a huge churn in the Android handset market. Constantly evolving technology, each iteration better than the last and some standout more than others, EVO 4G, Galaxy S and Droid X as examples. Then the phones coming year end. The rumored HTC dual core 800 Mhz device on T-Mobile, the 2Ghz God Phone on Verizon, who knows what Sprint is going to offer? Ooh yeah we know what AT&T will have the iPhone 4. So again. If it is too much for you to handle choice and if you feel like your phone is no longer superior, really stop *****ing and get an iPhone.

I say this with all honesty and sincerity. Get an iPhone. Go now. Pay the ETF. Every freakin' post you have put up has been iPhone on Verizon, Tired of my Droid, ending my subscription in November. Don't wait. Just go.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'm curious what it looks like as well. The AT&T version is different than the regular S already released overseas.

clucernoni

Reaction score
It's called an iPhone.

I love how many phones are out there. There is something for everyone and the technology is constantly getting better because of it.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I've had great luck with Samsung phones. I've had several Samsung dumbphones that served me well and ny first smartphone was a Samsung i760.

A friend of mine works for Samsung here in Dallas. He told me a few months ago that they would launch the Galaxy on all the major carriers. I didn't believe him. I guess he knew more than I gave him credit for.

I'll be getting one for sure. I love how thin it is and a large but not quite netbook size screen. That and I can get it contract free for less than the contract price through him, or at least with previous phones I could. I haven't asked him about this one yet.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung Fascinate Shows off For the Camera:

Samsung-Fascinate.jpg

Here’s What the Samsung Fascinate Looks Like | Android Phone Fans

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Here is a video of the T-Mobile's version playing the movie Avatar and a demo of the Sims 3 game. Pretty impressive 3D graphics I'll admit. This is gonna be a helluva phone for gamers.

[video=youtube;ZPPwb-pGWww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPPwb-pGWww&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - T-Mobile Vibrant hands-on[/video]

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
All the upcoming Samsung phones have a real good gpu in them. They all should be real good gaming phones.

A decision between the X and one of these Samsung phones will be a tough choice for real.