Verizon Joins in on the Galaxy mayhem with the Samsung Fascinate

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wuyanks, Jun 28, 2010.

1. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    But hey, this is a new Samsung phone so I cant fault this one on its ancestors...lol

Whoever gets it just make sure to test reception in a bad reception area....

2. vedwed

vedwed Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly! I wont buy that crap

3. rickdarris2004

Ratings:
    +0
    Have a Samsung Fridge and a TV. Absolutely love both of them. Every company has a few bad products go through, no reason to swear them off forever. Hell, I had a few bad Droids too, doesn't mean I will never buy Moto again, in fact I love my Droid!

4. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +403
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
    All of the Samsung phones we have had in the past have been problem free. I'm just leery about the Galaxy because of all of the comments I have read about their lack of support when it comes to smart phones. But with this one launching so big on so many carriers they had better back it up with support or they are setting themselves up for android failure.

5. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Wow, I can't believe they did the GPU comparison based on millions of triangles per second...... To read that, one would think that the Nexus One has the more powerful GPU.....

However, in real-world situations; this has been proven to be untrue as it's the pixel fillrate that makes more of a difference. In this case, the SGX 530 is undeniably stronger than the Adreno 200 - a scenario that is evident in real-world gameplay.

Wish they'd used the spec that really matters, instead of ripping the triangle rendering rate from the Wikipedia articles on these GPUs.

6. Eli

Eli Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No one knows what this phone looks like yet. Doesn't much matter to me. This is the phone I have been waiting for. Hoping for a July release... should know more tomorrow.

7. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Dont get me wrong, these new Samsung phones will have some nice cpu's. Check the Quadrant scores.

I expect the Facinate and the Epic to be real good gaming phones. Its funny: The Hummingbird and the OMAP's show u what a cpu running 1Ghz can really do...

8. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Oh, just saw the Vibrant is going to T Mobile...Samsung wanna make sure they have all the carriers covered...lol

9. Twoo

Twoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish these phone companies would QUIT producing tons of phones with the same OS and just focus on one great phone per company. I'm tired of the market being saturated with crappy android phones.

10. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK the solution to your problem is being re-stocked at AT&T stores tomorrow. It's called the iPhone 4, go get the ONE phone that they really support and you will be happy. I LOVE the fact that there is such a huge churn in the Android handset market. Constantly evolving technology, each iteration better than the last and some standout more than others, EVO 4G, Galaxy S and Droid X as examples. Then the phones coming year end. The rumored HTC dual core 800 Mhz device on T-Mobile, the 2Ghz God Phone on Verizon, who knows what Sprint is going to offer? Ooh yeah we know what AT&T will have the iPhone 4. So again. If it is too much for you to handle choice and if you feel like your phone is no longer superior, really stop *****ing and get an iPhone.

I say this with all honesty and sincerity. Get an iPhone. Go now. Pay the ETF. Every freakin' post you have put up has been iPhone on Verizon, Tired of my Droid, ending my subscription in November. Don't wait. Just go.

11. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +403
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
    I'm curious what it looks like as well. The AT&T version is different than the regular S already released overseas.

12. clucernoni

clucernoni Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's called an iPhone.

I love how many phones are out there. There is something for everyone and the technology is constantly getting better because of it.

Search tags for this page

droid x2 triangles per second