Poll: Random Reboots?

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Well mine has been better, but seems to reboot every 60 or so hours. Thankfully it comes back and doesn't just shut off. To anyone that has the phone just shut down, I would demand a replacement. I doubt that rooting will help you and may actually hurt if you don't unroot properly if you send it back.

deadeye88

Reaction score
have had thunderbolt for threes days, just started random shutdowns. three in the last 2.5 hours. wifes thunderbolt has no issues, both NEW or 3 days old actually. i think mine sucks.

jseah

Reaction score
Just had my phone for more than 2 weeks now and I never had any intermittent reboots until I manually updated it last Friday. It's been rebooting intermittently 1-3 times a day. By the way, I haven't had the chance to root my phone yet.

Any updates from those who just did factory reset on their phones? Did it really fix the issue? Thanks guys!

After I installed the update, my phone would reboot easily 5-6 times a day. Saturday afternoon I did a factory reset and my phone didn't reboot itself once since then.

Thank you for your quick reply. After doing the factory reset, did you re-install the update again? Or was the update included in the factory reset? Sorry if it sounds like a no-brainer question, but I just want to understand the steps that I should take if ever I'll decide to do a factory reset on my phone. :)

Did not have to reinstall the update. All the factory reset does is it deletes all of your settings and all of your installed apps and data. It brings the phone back to as if it was a brand new phone. If you ran the update, the factory reset does not remove the update.

lemming

Reaction score
have had thunderbolt for threes days, just started random shutdowns. three in the last 2.5 hours. wifes thunderbolt has no issues, both NEW or 3 days old actually. i think mine sucks.

Any chance you could go through both phones app drawers and let us know what apps you have that your wife doesn't? I'm wondering if there is an app that alot of us run thats causing this? (ie Pandora/ Launcher Pro/ Droid forums app:))

If you get a chance to gather that information it could be helpful, even if it just helps eliminate another theory... Thanks

js05sierrahd

Reaction score
Could EVERYONE who is having random reboots after the latest Firmware Update please call Verizon and complain!!! I've called twice since the update was released complaining and both times i was told they have never heard of this issue.

There solutions so far were:
(1) to pull battery and sim card... no luck
(2) boot in safe mode to eliminate the possibility of 3rd party software causing the issue... nope, no fix there
(3) ok we will send you a replacement (p.s. this may be a factory refurbished phone, don't worry it's just as good as the one you bought for $250-300...
F' that, i'll stick with mine and hope Verizon does the right thing and fix there update) Best part is the rep told me when i told her no thanks, sorry but it already has been processed, just refuse the new one when it ships... What do i pay Verizon for??? I should post the reps email so you all can let her know it's not just me, but i'm sure there is something not kosher with doing that!
:icon_evil:

Javaknight

Reaction score
this is the response that I received from Verizon:

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Tim and I'm happy to assist you with your inquiry regarding the issue you've been having with your Thunderbolt since getting the update last week. We have been getting feedback from our customers but no word has come from HTC yet as to when a patch will be implemented.
I regret to learn that this has been an issue. I imagine that it's been frustrating for you.

as with all Android updates and patches, once a resolution is found it will be sent to your phone over the air. We appreciate your patience in this matter and hope to have this resolved soon. Thank you also for reaching out to us with this information.