Reboots from leak ota?

ToastnBananas

Reaction score
So I'm rooted on the stock rom. I've made a backup with rom manager an titanium backup before I flashed the leak ota. I've never had an random reboots with my tb before just the GPS lock problem. So after I flash the leak ota, I make a backup again so I have one of before an after. But the leak ota didn't seem to fix the GPS issue so I restored back to where it was before I flashed but with still the option to revert back to one with the leak ota. An so after doing all that I've now experienced 4 or 5 random reboots once after sending a text an one after changing to a different skin. Could this be caused by the leak ota, an if so would deleting the backup on rom manager solve this?

daggy1985

Reaction score
Random reboots are happening to a lot of people after the most recent over the air...I thought I was one of the lucky ones no random reboots...just had my first random reboot a few minutes ago :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

frankzumo

Reaction score
I just had my first reboot also. I never had one before. Totally stock phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

nateccnn

Reaction score
Do a factory data reset. Either through the Settings or from the bootloader. A lot of times when I restore a backup I have problems until I do the data reset.

Nate

Sent from my tbolt so prone to typos. get used to it.

OP
ToastnBananas

ToastnBananas

Reaction score
Do a factory data reset. Either through the Settings or from the bootloader.

Hmm, if I do a factory reset should I stay away from the backups I already have and just load up my application backups after I reroot?

frankzumo

Reaction score
Do a factory data reset. Either through the Settings or from the bootloader. A lot of times when I restore a backup I have problems until I do the data reset.

Nate

Sent from my tbolt so prone to typos. get used to it.

This is actually my second Thunderbolt. The first one i swapped out because after the OTA update my phone constantly rebooted. Sometimes six or seven times in a hour. I was within my 14 day period at that time so they gave me another phone. We also installed the update and did a data reset at the time of the swap.

In all the phone has been great. No problems at all. I just noticed that it rebooted this morning for the first time.